These 50 PCOS recipes are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. They're meals you'll look forward to making while trying to naturally reverse PCOS symptoms.
Getting a PCOS diagnosis can be overwhelming. When I was diagnosed, I wanted to heal naturally and I knew my diet was going to make a big difference. This post is to give you inspiration for PCOS dinner recipes that will help you on your journey.
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder in women and the exact cause is still unknown. It’s just known as a “hormonal problem” at the moment that results in symptoms like: irregular periods, fertility problems, excessive hair growth (hirsutism), weight gain, bloating, fatigue, mood disorders (anxiety), headaches, thinning hair and acne.
What is the best "diet" for PCOS?
After tons of research, reading doctor's blogs and meeting with my functional CNP, they all recommended an anti-inflammatory diet as the most effective for PCOS. Chronic inflammation can cause hormonal miscommunication and is a great option for PCOS ladies. Read more about my anti-inflammatory diet here. And as always, please consult your doctor for any specific questions and what's best for you.
Why I don't eat low carb: According to The Period Repair Manual, "our bodies need carbs to ovulate." While keto does help manage blood sugar, I like to eat carbs to help with ovulation and, instead, I'm mindful of the amount I eat and when I eat them.
My PCOS-friendly cookbook is available for pre-order!
This book is full of 100+ simple, gluten free, dairy free recipes for reducing inflammation and healing PCOS from the inside out. Ships to your door on July 13!
What should I eat for dinner with PCOS?
- Crispy Chicken Salad with Healthy Honey Mustard
- Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken [over a baked sweet potato!]
- Gluten Free Fried Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice
- One Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- One Pan Greek Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Crispy Baked Honey Sriracha Wings
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- Rice Crispy Chicken
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Skillet
- Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Crock Pot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip [Whole30]
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Sheet Pan Paleo Baked Breaded Chicken and Veggies
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken [Whole30 | Keto]
- Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Healthy White Chicken Chili
- The Best Healthy Chicken Soup
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Herby Garlic Steak Bites
- Instant Pot Pot Roast and Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti [Gluten Free]
- One Pan Garlic Herb Steak and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef Ragu
- Slow Cooker Healthy Sloppy Joes
- Healthy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Burgers
- Korean Shredded Beef Tacos
- Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Paleo Chili
- Healthy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- One Pot Taco Pasta
Pork and Turkey Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Burrito Bowl
- Healthy Zuppa Toscana [Whole 30]
- Easy Turkey Taco Stuffed Peppers
- One Pan Sausage, Butternut Squash and Apples
- One Pan Sausage and Veggies
Vegetarian and Seafood Recipes:
- Sweet and Sticky Orange Cauliflower
- Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Sweet Potato Curry
- Honey Glazed Salmon
- One Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Quick PCOS Q&A
Is PCOS a serious problem?
PCOS is a hormonal imbalance and like many things, can present itself differently in each person. There is a broad spectrum you can fall on between mild and severe. Although not life threatening, it can have a major impact on your day-to-day life and could result in things like diabetes if not properly managed.
What vitamins are good for PCOS?
A few good ones are magnesium, probiotics, vitamin D, and inositol. Read more about my PCOS supplement routine here.
Is caffeine bad for PCOS?
This depends on your adrenals and how healthy they are. Caffeine can affect each person differently so it's best to do lab work or pay close attention to how you feel. You can try cutting it out and see if it makes a difference. I like to swap out my coffee for a collagen matcha latte or iced matcha latte, which has less caffeine.
More PCOS Posts:
- I have PCOS...now what?
- My Blood Work: What it means for PCOS
- My anti-inflammatory diet
- PCOS Supplements
- All Natural Skincare Routine [Non-Toxic]
- Seed cycling for hormones and fertility
- The best PCOS resources for healing naturally
- Getting pregnant with PCOS: How we conceived on the first try
- Embrace your hormones: The importance of a healthy cycle
Mora Lutton says
Oh my goodness! a wonderful write-up dude. Thanks a lot However I will be experiencing problem with ur rss . Do not know why Can not enroll in it. Could there be everyone getting identical rss difficulty? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx
Molly Thompson says
Thank you so much! Sorry to hear that, Mora! Were you trying to sign up for the pcos email course or just my rss feed with my recipes? Thanks!
Thank you very for your blog , good quality and i am learning a lot
Molly Thompson says
Ughhhh thank you for this. Thankful I came across this. One week in and I couldn’t do another boring chicken/veggie meal. Do you have any breakfast recipes?
Nvm found them...but THANK YOU
Molly Thompson says
LOL I know the feeling, Brit! You're doing a great job! Glad you found me!
Hi Molly I have just stumbled across your site and my days I am so happy 🙂 ..I was told I had pcos in my 20s but no help or meds offered,4yrs ago my now ex Dr out me on 2000mg of Metformin 🙁 we won't discuss what happened there...now I've moved no longer on Metformin and told loss weight ! I've tried everything and was about to give up at the thought of living on salad and veg and all things yummy. I found your page and I am now writing my shopping list ready to get my cook on THANK YOU xx
Molly Thompson says
Thank you, Kate!!!! This means so much to me! I'm so glad we found each other:) Please feel free to email me anytime or follow me on Instagram to connect. Thank you and happy cooking!
Any motivational whatsaap group for PCOS ladies?? Would love to join one where we can boost and hear out other ladies and help them get through...please let me know so can share my whatsaap number with you so i can be added, will appreciate it.
Too many people have no idea that scalp therapy shampoos for fast hair growth (obviously with no sulfates, no parabens or DEA) are a thing. We all now may attain longer hair and attain more possibilities. Undoubtedly worth looking up.
When you're thinking about hair loss, damaged hair, preventing skin disorders, hair growth, hair and scalp care in general, similar principles become relevant.
As a general rule, you should try to avoid hair products and treatments that contain chemicals like parabens, DEA and sulfates.
What is healthy for your hair is beneficial for your skin also.
It goes without saying your content on this page is so useful for multiple reasons. It stays away from the common pitfalls and traps so many fall into- buying horrible alternatives. Thank you!
Thank you for your blog.
Good blog that gives all the information about pcos food and the essential vitamins required to manage pcos. Thank you for the information. Santhathi has been providing quality IVF care with internationally comparable services and success rates
Madison Payton says
I just want to say thank you! I was just diagnosed with PCOS yesterday and I am so grateful there are people out here like you to show us how that it is possible to eat healthy while still having wonderful tasting food.
Molly Thompson says
You're welcome, Madison! I know how it feels when you're first diagnosed. Glad I can help you on your journey!
I think that it would be encouraging to hear other stories from people who have had trouble conceiving. Our mission is to blend the state-of-the-art medical technology.Miracle is one of the best IVF centers in Bangalore. Our only aim is to make you get a baby, a long-awaited miracle of your life. We provide you with a world of fertility expertise at a nominal cost. We do this by operating differently, focusing on what gives patients direct value.email:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com