Crock pot healthy buffalo chicken dip is a clean eating, creamy dip that's great for every party, especially the Super Bowl! This recipe is paleo, dairy free and whole30 approved. It's made with no cream cheese and homemade ranch spices. Throw everything in the crock pot for an easy and healthy appetizer.
Are you ready for the most requested recipe I've had in a longgggg time? With the Super Bowl coming up in just a few short weeks, I had so many people on Instagram request a healthy buffalo chicken dip. And it's about time I shared it with you!
Because I like to eat an anti-inflammatory diet, I wanted to make this recipe gluten free and dairy free for all my other paleo, whole30 or anti-inflammatory friends. But I am including an option with greed yogurt in case you don't have any issues with dairy!
I also wanted to make sure I made it with ingredients that aren't intimidating and really easy to find in the grocery store. You probably have a lot of these ingredients in your pantry already.
If you love all things buffalo chicken, check out all the ways to serve buffalo chicken, including a few fun meals and twists.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Shredded chicken is the star of the show here. You can bake chicken breasts at 400°F for 20 minutes or you can buy a pre-made rotisserie chicken and shred that.
- Paleo mayo give this recipe fat and flavor. It's taking place of the cream cheese and shredded cheese and helps give it more ranch flavoring because that's what ranch is made of!
- Coconut cream makes is extra creamy like the cream cheese version. You can swap the coconut cream out for plain greek yogurt if you eat dairy.
- Hot sauce is another star of this show. I recommend a whole30 approved brand like Frank's Red Hot.
- Lots of spices to give it ranch seasoning including salt, paprika, dried chives, dried dill and garlic powder.
- Lemon juice adds some acidity and balances out all of the healthy fats.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Q&A:
Let's cover some basic questions when it comes to healthy buffalo chicken dip.
Is buffalo chicken dip healthy?
Most buffalo chicken dip isn't healthy, but this one is! This recipe for buffalo chicken dip is keto approved, dairy free and even whole30 approved. This recipe is full of healthy fats and fits into almost any diet. If you're trying to avoid inflammation, then this healthy buffalo chicken dip is for you.
Healthy things to dip in buffalo chicken dip
If you are making a healthy buffalo chicken dip, you likely want some healthy things to dip into it. Most people dip tortilla chips, but I have a few healthy options for you to try instead!
- Chopped celery
- Sliced carrots or baby carrots
- Healthy crackers like Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers or rice crackers with clean ingredients
How to make healthy buffalo chicken dip:
To make this healthy buffalo chicken dip, start by preparing your chicken. If you're cooking your own chicken, bake it in the oven at 400°F for about 20 minutes then shred it. You can also buy a medium-large rotisserie chicken that's already cooked (this is what I do). Remove the skin and shred the chicken.
Once your chicken is shredded, add it to the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients. Stir everything together with a rubber spatula or spoon to combine then close the lid and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir again and top with green onion or extra chives if you want!
Watch the full video below for all my tips and instructions.
Other ways to eat this healthy buffalo chicken dip:
Because this recipe is so healthy, you can also eat it in many other ways, including dinner! Here are some other ways to eat this healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- Serve it over a sweet potato with a side of roasted veggies
- With a side of rice and roasted veggies
- In a tortilla to make a buffalo chicken taco
- Inside a zucchini boat
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you make it, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy appetizers:
- Healthy spinach and artichoke dip [Dairy Free]
- Sweet potato hummus
- Buffalo chicken stuffed zucchini boats
- Easy, healthy guacamole
- Healthy fruit salsa
crock pot healthy buffalo chicken dip [whole30 | keto]
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless breasts or rotisserie chicken to save time
- 1 cup paleo mayo I use primal kitchen
- 1 cup coconut cream greek yogurt will work if you’re not dairy free
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chives or 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup hot sauce - I used Franks Red Hot Original
- If you’re baking your chicken, preheat oven to 400°F. Bake chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Shred chicken. If you’re using rotisserie chicken, remove the skin and shred the chicken.
- Add all ingredients and place on low for 2-3 hours. Serve with carrots, celery, simple mills almond flour crackers