This is the best and easiest creamy cauliflower soup! It's a dairy free and healthy soup recipe loaded with flavorful toppings. This entire recipe is made in one pot and done in 30 minutes so you have a simple keto and low carb meal on the table with ease.
How to make creamy cauliflower soup:
This simple cauliflower soup is so easy to make. Start by crisping bacon in the pot then using the grease to cook onion and garlic. After that, create a roux with the gluten free flower to thicken it up, add the veggies or chicken broth and then the cauliflower and potatoes.
Cook on high until the veggies are tender and blend with an immersion blender. Top with your fave ingredients and you're done!
How do you thicken cauliflower soup?
You start by making a roux to thicken this cauliflower soup. It's a mixture of grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil and gluten free flour. This is the thickening agent for the soup! The cooked cauliflower and optional potatoes also help make this soup really thick.
How many calories does cauliflower soup have?
This recipe is low in calories because it's made with mostly vegetables! One serving of this creamy cauliflower soup has about 275 calories in it.
How can I reduce the calories in this recipe?
You can leave out the potatoes and only use cauliflower if you want to reducing the calories in this soup. This brings the calories down to about 220 per serving. You can also omit the bacon, but I think this adds a lot of flavor!
Can you freeze this recipe?
This cauliflower soup recipe is ideal for freezing! Once it's cooled, store it in an air-tight container or ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on the stove or microwave! Pro tip: lay it flat to freeze in a ziplock bag then stand it up on its side to save room in your freezer.
If you love this soup, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More healthy soup recipes:
- Creamy chicken and rice soup [Whole30]
- 5 Ingredient butternut squash soup
- Turkey vegetable low carb soup
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 4 slices bacon diced
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted grass fed butter or ghee
- ¼ cup gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 4 cups almond milk or more, as needed
- 3 medium russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 head cauliflower chopped (or 2 if omitting potatoes)
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- To serve: ½ cup sour cream shredded cheese, green onion, crumbled bacon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Leaving the bacon grease in the pan, add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add 4 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter or ghee to the onion and garlic over medium-high heat and stir to melt. Whisk in flour until lightly browned and thickened into a paste, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the almond milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes, cauliflower, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once tender, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer the softened potatoes and cauliflower with about a cup of cooking liquid to a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth. Transfer back to stock pot.
- If the soup is too thick, add more almond milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onion, cheese, sour cream, or reserved crumbled bacon, if desired.
SHOP THIS RECIPE