This instant pot honey mustard chicken is an easy, healthy weeknight dinner! You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs, and the sweet and tangy marinade smothers the chicken for a delicious and simple meal.
Instant pot chicken is an easy and healthy way to get dinner on the table. This honey mustard twist is a flavorful way to feed your whole family without tons of planning or preparation and you only need a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes!
What is honey mustard chicken?
Honey mustard chicken is a cooked chicken recipe made with a thick honey mustard sauce. The honey and mustard cook and caramelize a bit while cooking and turns a gorgeous brown color and a sweet and tangy flavor.
It’s a great recipe for easy dinners! Super healthy and super simple.
How long does it take to cook frozen chicken in the instant pot?
You can definitely cook frozen chicken in the instant pot and do so without worrying about thawing the chicken. Follow the steps for the instant pot honey mustard chicken recipe, but instead cook it 4 minutes longer.
It takes about 10 minutes for the pressure cooker to heat and build pressure then it takes about 12 minutes for the frozen chicken to cook through for a total of about 22 minutes for a medium 6-8 ounce frozen chicken breast.
How to serve honey mustard chicken:
I like to serve my honey mustard chicken with a starch or a veggie! Here are a few ideas!
- Baked sweet potato or sweet potato salad
- Cauliflower rice or white rice
- Roasted broccoli
- Brussel sprout salad
If you love this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy chicken recipes:
- Rice crispy chicken with healthy honey mustard [GF]
- Chicken parmesan spaghetti squash casserole
- One pan greek chicken
- Sheet pan paleo baked chicken
- Buffalo chicken stuffed zucchini boats
Instant pot honey mustard chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 6-8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed or frozen
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Combine honey and water in the bowl of the instant pot. Next, turn the instant pot to saute and leaving the lid off, stir together until the honey dissolves, about 5 minutes. Next, add the mustard, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and stir to combine.
- After that, add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot and coat with the honey mustard sauce.
- Seal the lid and turn the steam valve to the sealing position.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook/manual, high pressure. Set the cook time to 8 minutes for a medium-sized 6-8 ounce chicken breast. Set the cook time to 12 minutes if the chicken breast is frozen.
- The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and then will start counting down the cook time, so 18 minutes total.
- When it beeps to let you know the cook time has finished, carefully quick release the pressure by using the handle of a long spoon to turn the steam valve to venting.
- Finally, remove the lid then remove the chicken and set aside on a plate. Add 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch or cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Add to the honey mustard sauce in the instant pot and turn on saute. Allow to boil and thicken for 2-3 minutes then add chicken back to instant pot and coat chicken with sauce.
- Serve with rice, vegetables or quinoa.