One pan sausage and veggies is an easy healthy dinner recipe. It’s naturally gluten free and dairy free and filled with savory spices and herbs. This simple dinner recipe is made on a sheet pan for easy clean up and it’s also whole30 approved and paleo!
I’m officially calling this one pan sausage and veggies recipe the easiest recipe on WMM so far. It takes mere minutes of prep and you have a giant healthy meal for days.
I tested this recipe twice over the weekend because I wanted to get the herbs and bake time in the oven just right. Because of this, I have a double batch of this healthy recipe in my refrigerator right now. If it lasts that long!
After making just one batch of this healthy one pan sausage and veggies you should have enough to last you all week if you want to meal plan. If you’re making this for two people double the recipe and you’ll be golden!
When you want to make a quick and healthy dinner, convenience is super important.
Because of this, I purposefully chose veggies that were quick and easy to chop so you could chop and get these on the pan and in the oven in a short amount of time.
Veggies Used in One Pan Sausage and Veggies:
- Yellow Squash
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
Because veggies are so versatile, you can customize this recipe to your liking. If you don’t see or have a veggie in this recipe you can easily swap it out for something else like broccoli or carrots.
The next thing that makes this recipe is the sausage. I used kielbasa but you can use any Italian sausage or pork sausage you want. You can even use a turkey sausage!
Where to find the sausage in the grocery store: this sausage is going to be in the refrigerated section of the grocery store near the hot dogs and bacon.
Also, try to get a good quality brand and type of sausage if you can!
This one pan sausage and veggies recipe is naturally paleo and whole30 so you can just add all of the ingredients to a big bowl and eat it! If you want to add brown rice you can do that too!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and share a picture by tagging @What_MollyMade if you make this recipe!
How to Make One Pan Sausage and Veggies:
One Pan Sausage and Veggies
- 1 yellow squash quartered
- 2 zucchinni cut in half
- 1 red onion cut in chunks
- 1 pack mushroom roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cut in chunks
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pre-cooked kielbasa or Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line with foil or a silpat mat for easy clean.
- Chop all of the veggies, doing your best to make them all even in size for even cooking. Chop garlic and place all veggies and garlic on prepared baking sheet. Slice sausage diagonally and add to pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine all of the herbs and olive oil together and whisk quickly. Pour mixture over veggies and stir to coat veggies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until veggies and sausage are browned.
- Serve in a bowl with or without brown rice.