Learn how to make easy instant pot spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner in less than 30 minutes! It's all made in one pot and super simple from start to finish. Follow these steps for perfectly cooked noodles!
Why use the Instant Pot for spaghetti?
Not only is it easy to make, but it's more delicous than the traditional method of making spaghetti.
Typically, you'd need several pots and a collander to make the pasta and meat, but with spaghetti in the instant pot you make everything together in one pot. AKA less pots to clean:)
Additionally, the noodles are cooked right with the meat and sauce so it gives them even more flavor and the pressure cooker cooks them perfectly to al dente.
How do you cook spaghetti noodles in the instant pot?
To make al dente spaghetti noodles in the instant pot, you'll cook them directly with the sauce.
Add some water to the meat sauce then top with the noodles and finish with more water on top. Do your best not to mix the noodles or you could end up with gummy noodles that get stuck together.
Close the lid, move the vent to sealing and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure then start counting down. When it's done, quick release the steam and serve immediately.
No draining or straining required!
Can spaghetti be gluten free?
With all the awesome brands out there now it's easy to make pasta gluten free, including spaghetti.
This recipe was tested with a chickpea based spaghetti as well as a brown rice spaghetti and they both worked great.
Most pasta sauces are gluten free , but double check the label before buying! My favorite is Delallo because it's also free from any added sugar.
If you need meatballs to go with your pasta, we have an easy gluten-free meatball recipe to try!
More gluten free pasta recipes:
If you love this recipe, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
- One pot creamy cajun chicken pasta [dairy free]
- One pot taco pasta
- Creamy penne arrabbiata
- Sweet potato gnocchi
Instant pot spaghetti [gluten free]
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups water divided
- 1-24 ounce jar marinara sauce no sugar added (I like Delallo)
- 12 ounces spaghetti I like gluten free brown rice or chickpea spaghetti
Optional for serving:
- Fresh chopped basil
- Red pepper flakes
- Turn the instant pot to saute mode. Add the olive oil and allow to heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until transluscent then add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break the beef up into small chunks. While it’s cooking, add the salt, garlic powder, onion powder and dried basil. Continue cooking the beef until completely brown and no pink remains, about 5 minutes total.
- Turn saute mode off and add 1 cup of water, stirring with a wooden spoon to remove any brown chunks from the bottom of the instant pot. Add the pasta sauce and stir well.
- Break the uncooked spaghetti in half so it fits in the instant pot and place on top of the pasta sauce, meat and water. Do not stir. Add the remaining cup of water on top of the uncooked pasta and do not stir.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and make sure the knob is set to “sealing.” Set the pressure cooker to high (manual) for 8 minutes. It will take about 8-10 minutes to come to pressure then start counting down.
- When the timer goes off, use a wooden spoon or towel to quick release the pressure valve. To do this, turn the valve from “sealing” to “venting.” Open the lid and serve immediately with parmesan, basil or red pepper flakes.