This homemade healthy instant pot chicken noodle soup will be warm and ready on your table in under 30 minutes. Made with chicken thighs, veggies and even gluten free noodles, this is the best recipe you will find. You can even use frozen chicken!
Sometimes you just want a warm and cozy bowl of soup. Maybe you’re under the weather (hello flu season) or you’re just craving a cup of soup to go with the cold temps. Either way, this instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe will make you feel all the warm and cozy feels (especially if you’re sick!).
This post is going to teach you everything you need to know about cooking chicken noodle soup in the instant pot!
Is chicken soup anti inflammatory
This chicken noodle soup is full of inflammatory-fighting ingredients. Here’s a list of things that are going to help:
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice that tastes delicious and gives this soup an awesome yellow hue.
- Chicken broth is great for fighting inflammation, but swap it out for bone broth and you’re leveling up. It’s good for the immune system and gut!
- All the veggies like carrots and celery are great for inflammation.
- You may want to avoid gluten for inflammation so I recommend these awesome gluten free egg noodles.
Read more about my anti-inflammatory diet here!
What is the soup setting on instant pot?
You can use the soup setting on your instant pot for homemade broths, stocks and soups. The Instant Pot will control the temperature so the liquid doesn’t boil too much. This is a great setting, but we’re going to stick to the manual setting for this recipe since we’re cooking the chicken right in the soup.
What if you want to use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs?
If you want to use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for this recipe, you can swap them out for 3 chicken breasts. Follow the instructions and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
How do I make chicken soup with frozen chicken:
Place frozen chicken breasts or thighs right in the broth before cooking. Set the timer for 5 minutes longer (13 minutes total) than the normal cook time.
Do you precook noodles for chicken soup?
You do not precook noodles for this chicken noodle soup recipe. All of the soup is cooked in the instant pot with no extra pots/pans required.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the uncooked noodles to the instant pot and allow to boil for 5-7 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
How to cook chicken noodle soup in the instant pot:
- Turnt he SAUTE button on the instant pot and cook onion and garlic with olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Cancel SAUTE mode then add the rest of the ingredients (except the noodles) to the pot. Press the MANUAL COOK mode and set the timer for 10 minutes (13 for frozen chicken).
- Once the cook time is done, use a wooden spoon to turn the valve to VENTING.
- Open the lid and add uncooked noodles. Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Enjoy!
How long to cook chicken noodle soup in instant pot?
You’ll cook this instant pot chicken noodle for 10 minutes on high pressure. Quick release then cook the noodles for 5-7 minutes. This recipe takes approximately 20 minutes from start to finish.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy soup recipes:
- Creamy chicken and rice soup [dairy free]
- Healthy slower cooker chicken tortilla soup
- The best healthy chicken soup recipe
- Crock pot paleo chili
- One pot creamy cauliflower soup
The best instant pot chicken noodle soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 pounds bone in chicken thighs (or a mix of thighs and breasts)
- 2 cups sliced celery (3-4 stalks)
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrots (3-4 large carrots)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves roughly chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth (or chicken bone broth)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces gluten free egg noodles (can use regular if not gluten free)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the instant pot and press the saute button. Allow to heat for 1-2 minutes then add the diced onion. Saute, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent, being careful to not let the onion brown or burn. Add the minced garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Press cancel to stop the saute mode then add the chicken thighs, celery, carrots, thyme, chicken broth, bay leaves, turmeric, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the instant pot with the onion and garlic. Stir well, close the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Press pressure cook and set to high for 10 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure then will start counting down. When the timer is done, use a wooden spoon to turn the valving from sealing to venting, being careful not to touch the steam. When the valve drops it’s safe to open the Instant Pot. Remove the lid then remove the chicken thighs and place on a cutting board to shred.
- Press cancel on the Instant Pot then press saute again to set to the saute mode. Allow the soup to come to a boil then add the egg noodles. Cook stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, shred the chicken, removing and discarding any bones. When the noodles are cooked, add the chicken back to the soup and stir.
- Press cancel on the Instant Pot and serve with chopped parsley.
SHOP THIS RECIPE