Chicken salad stuffed avocado is a great low carb and whole30 lunch recipe. You can whip this healthy recipe up in minutes and serve it for lunch or dinner.
When I want to switch it up, I love to have this chicken salad stuffed avocado. I grew up on chicken salad and we had it all the time for lunch and dinner.
There's a ton of protein in it from the chicken and healthy fat from the mayo and avocado. The celery and onion give it a great crunch and the fresh herbs and spices make it even more delish.
Ingredients for Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado:
- Shredded chicken is the main ingredient here. You can use a pre-made rotisserie chicken or you can bake your own.
- Avocado is the other star. You'll need 2 medium, ripe avocados for this recipe. You'll know they're ripe when they're just soft to touch.
- Mayo brings all of the ingredients together. Try to buy a paleo version like Primal Kitchens brand because they don't have added sugar. You could also make your own if you want to. I'll include directions on that in the notes!
- Brown mustard adds flavor and a touch of spice.
- Red onion and celery add flavor and crunch.
- Parsley adds more flavor and freshness.
Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Q&A
How to make chicken salad stuffed avocado:
To make chicken salad stuffed avocado, start by halving and coring your avocado. Scoop a bit of the avocado out of the wholes to make a deeper well and transfer it to a large bowl.
Mash the avocado then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until combined. Scoop the chicken salad back into the hollowed out avocado and serve immediately!
Watch the video right above the recipe for step by step instructions!
What to serve with stuffed avocado:
You don't need anything to serve with these stuffed avocados if you don't want. But if you're looking for something else, roasted vegetables or rice are a great option.
How to eat stuffed avocado:
I like to eat my stuffed avocado with a spoon so you get every inch of avocado with the chicken salad. You could also use a fork if you want, both will work!
How to meal prep this chicken salad stuffed avocado:
If you're looking to meal prep this chicken salad stuffed avocado for lunches, I'd recommend switching up the recipe just a bit so the avocado doesn't turn brown.
Follow the recipe instructions but don't cut the avocado or hollow out the center. Just add the chicken with the mayo and rest of the ingredients and separate it into individual meal prep containers.
Put an avocado in your lunch and when you're ready to eat you can halve it and scoop the insides into your prepped chicken salad and add the rest inside the avocado.
If you love this chicken salad stuffed avocado as much as me, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More chicken recipes:
- Crock pot healthy buffalo chicken
- Sheet pan paleo baked chicken
- Healthy slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
Chicken salad stuffed avocado
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups shredded chicken rotisserie or baked
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo (see notes for homemade mayo)
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- f you’re baking the chicken, bake 3 chicken breasts at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. Shred the chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken with 2 forks and set aside. Pit avocados. Scoop out a little more of the middle of eachand place in large bowl. Mash gently with a fork then add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix together.
- Scoop the chicken salad filling back into the avocado and serve immediately.