Sheet pan chicken fajitas are an easy and healthy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. All of the ingredients are baked on the same pan for easy baking and easy clean up!
The theme of this recipe is all about easy! I work full time, run this blog and try to keep up with our new pup and time is of the essence. When I do have spare time, I want to be hanging out with friends and watching a Netflix episode or two.
Which is why I look for any and every way to save time when I can. Going to the grocery store is definitely one of those times so when I was let in on the little secret of shipping now available through Kroger a few weeks ago I knew it was going to be a game changer. Especially since shipping is free on your first order if you spend more than $35!
Zach and I always do all of our shopping at Kroger (any other Simple Truth fans out there?!) and I actually texted him the good news I was so excited. I immediately asked him what he wanted for dinner and we’re huge fans of all things Mexican food so sheet pan chicken fajitas it was!
I don’t know about you but when I’m at the grocery store, especially when I’m trying a new recipe, I don’t like searching the aisles for an ingredient.
With shipping now available through Kroger.com, all I did was search for the ingredient and hit add to cart. Seriously if this would have been a thing two years ago I would have so much more time!
I obviously got all the non perishable fixings for chicken fajitas like tortillas, all of the spices and the brown rice, then I got a few other necessities too (coffee, brown rice) and I got to cooking over the weekend for our sheet pan chicken fajitas.
Have you ever made a sheet pan meal before? Because that’s just as easy as the shopping was!
Why are sheet pan chicken fajitas so easy?
The reason these sheet pan chicken fajitas are so easy is because you only need a few ingredients and minimal time from start to finish.
The main ingredients include chicken, peppers, onions, taco shells and some spices. You can top with a few extra ingredients like avocado and cilantro if you want to!
The whole recipe from start to finish shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes to make. Just slices the veggies and chicken, top with the spices and bake!
Are Sheet pan chicken fajitas healthy?
Sheet pan chicken fajitas are definitely healthy! They’re made with whole foods and real ingredients plus flavorful spices. Stuff them in your favorite shell, top with extras and serve with your favorite brown rice for super healthy meal.
I promise even your kids will love it! Hint back-to-school-recipe hint.
How to make sheet pan chicken fajitas
To make sheet pan chicken fajitas, start by slicing all of your onions and peppers thinly into long strips. I bought yellow, red and orange peppers but you can use any color and mix you want! Peel and slice a medium yellow onion too then place it on a large baking sheet.
Next, slice the chicken into strips and place them evenly on the pan. Top with the olive oil and spices and give it a toss to coat! Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way through.
Turn the broiler on at the very end for a minute to get everything nice and toasty then right before they’re done, throw your tortillas in to warm up! Serve with avocado, cilantro, cheese or whatever else you want!
If you love this recipe don’t forget to share a picture on Instagram and tag me with #whatmollymade or @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More sheet pan meals you'll love:
- Sheet pan everything bagel chicken and veggies
- Sheet pan burrito bowl
- Sheet pan steak fajitas
- One pan chicken teriyaki
- 21 Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet pan chicken chicken fajitas
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 4 bell peppers any color, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 taco size flour tortillas warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado or guacamole diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend, cilantro, extra lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or foil and set aside.
- To make the seasoning, combine the chili powder, cumin, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Spread the sliced bell peppers, onion and chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Add the minced garlic then drizzle the olive oil over everything. Toss to evenly coat.
- Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through, until the veggies are tender and chicken is cooked, 20-25 minutes total. Once the chicken is cooked through, turn on the broiler and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until peppers start to get crispy on the edges.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
- Drizzle lime juice evenly over the top of the pan and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm with tortillas tortillas and optional toppings.