This creamy chicken broccoli quinoa skillet is an easy, healthy meal made like a stir fry. It's gluten free, dairy free and great for meal prep.
Chicken, broccoli and quinoa is such a great combination. The flavors go so well together and they're such a healthy and filling meal with healthy carbs, protein and fats all in one.
You can make this in advance for the whole week, freeze it for later or make it for your entire family. I promise everyone will love it!
Ingredients for this chicken broccoli quinoa skillet:
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- broccoli florets
- medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- chicken broth or bone broth
- canned full fat coconut milk , cream only
- spicy brown mustard
- nutritional yeast optional
How to make this chicken broccoli quinoa recipe:
Start by roasting the chicken and broccoli. Place them on a large sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Next, make the quinoa then heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook on medium-high for 5-6 minutes then remove from the pan on a paper towel to cool. To the bacon fat, add the onions and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and continue to cook until soft, 2-3 more minutes.
Whisk the tapioca flour into the broth and add it to the pan, then immediately add the coconut milk, mustard and nutritional yeast (if using) and whisk continuously until thickened. Add the quinoa, crumbled bacon, and broccoli and sliced chicken to the sauce and mix well. Serve right away!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More skillets and casseroles:
Chicken broccoli quinoa skillet
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups broccoli florets 1 medium head of broccoli
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3-4 slices thick cut bacon sugar free
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth or bone broth
- ½ cup canned full fat coconut milk cream only
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- ¼ sea salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper then place chicken on one side and broccoli on the other side of the baking sheet. Coat both with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken and broccoli for 20-25 minutes, stirring chicken halfway through.
- While the chicken and broccoli cook, prepare the sauce and make the quinoa.
- For the quinoa, bring water to a boil and follow directions to cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the sauce. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook on medium-high for 5-6 minutes then remove from the pan on a paper towell to cool. To the bacon fat, add the onions and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and continue to cook until soft, 2-3 more minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the tapioca flour into the broth and add it to the pan, then immediately add the coconut milk, mustard and nutritional yeast (if using) and whisk continuously. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer and continue to stir and cook for another minute, until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Add the quinoa, crumbled bacon, and broccoli to the sauce and mix well. Slice the chicken and mix it with the rest of the skillet ingredients. Serve immediately.