Sweet, sticky and crispy honey sriracha wings with a side of ranch! Throw these gluten free baked wings in the oven for a healthy appetizer, dinner or snack. They’re great for parties and everyone loves them!
My husband and I are suckers for wings. It’s one of our favorite things to make for date night. We used to go to a wing place when we first started dating and wings always remind me of that.
To avoid gluten-filled and deep fried wings, I decided to make these honey sriracha wings at home in the oven. They’re gluten free and baked. We love them!
Are chicken wings really bad for you?
Chicken wings can be bad for you depending on on the type and where you get them. Typically they’re coated and deep fried, not making them the healthiest hoption.
However, these honey sriracha chicken wings are not bad for you! They’re coated in a healthy flour and then baked and tossed with a sweet and spicy sauce. So good!
How long do you cook wings
To get a good crust on these wings and to cook them all the way through with the sauce, you’ll need to bake them twice, for a total cook time of 45 minutues in the oven.
How many calories in baked chicken wings
There are about 350 calories in 1 serving of these baked honey sriracha wings.
What goes with chicken wings?
A good ranch dressing goes with chicken wings. Especially when it’s paleo approved ranch dressing. I love these honey sriracha wings with a side of celery, carrots and really anything that goes on a tailgate spread!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More spicy apps:
- Cauliflower buffalo wings
- Crock pot healthy buffalo chicken dip
- Buffalo chicken stuffed zucchini boats [Low Carb]
Crispy baked honey sriracha wings
For the wings:
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup ghee melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sriracha
- To garnish: scallions chopped parsley, paleo ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F and arrange baking rack to the middle position.. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silpat baking and set aside.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle chicken wings with the arrowroot or tapioca powder, garlic and salt and black pepper and toss with a rubber spatula or tongs to evenly coat the chicken wings.
- Place wings on the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, make the sauce. Whisk together the melted ghee, honey and sriracha in a medium bowl. When the wings have baked for 35 minutes, remove from the oven and dip each one in the prepared sauce then place back on the baking sheet.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F and continue baking for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with any leftover sauce from the bowl.
- Serve with celery, health ranch dressing, green onion or blue cheese dressing.