Easy paleo brownies done in 30 minutes! This recipe includes simple, clean ingredients like almond butter and coconut flour. They have the perfect crinkly top with a rich and gooey center.
What are paleo brownies?
Paleo brownies are a brownie recipe that is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. And in this case also with a low carb option!
Are paleo brownies healthy?
From an ingredient perspective, yes, paleo brownies are healthy! They’re made with ingredients that your body will love and without any things that can sometimes cause inflammation (ie dairy, sugar and gluten).
- almond butter
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- coconut flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda and salt
- chocolate baking bar (I like Enjoy Life or Lily's Dark Chocolate)
How to make paleo brownies:
Star with your wet ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk them together until combined then add all of the dry ingredients including the baking soda and cocoa powder. The batter will be very thick, this is what you want! It’s why they’re extra fudgy!
Pour the batter into a prepared baking pan and bake for the allotted amount of time before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
If you like really gooey brownies cook them for a little less time but if you like more chewy brownies cook them a little longer. Allow to cool before cutting into them!
How to freeze paleo brownies:
Yes, you can freeze paleo brownies. Cover them in an air tight container and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, place them in the refrigerator overnight to soften then warm up in the oven or microwave
Keto paleo brownies option:
Substitute the coconut sugar and maple syrup for 1/3 cup of your favorite low carb sugar (i.e. stevia or erythritol)
How many carbs in paleo brownies:
There are 26.8 carbs in these paleo brownies. If you want to make the keto version, there are 15 carbs (11 net carbs) in those.
If you make and love this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with #whatmollymade or @What_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
Here are a few more paleo chocolate recipes:
Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line and grease a square baking pan (8x8 or 9x9 inch) with parchment paper nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs and egg yolk until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda until there are no clumps. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate into the batter. The batter will be thick.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean (some crumbs are okay). Be careful not to overbake!
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Grab parchment paper on the sides and lift the brownies out of the pan to cool completely.