Coconut flour chocolate chip cookies are an easy, chewy and healthy cookie recipe! This recipe is paleo so it's naturally gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. In just one bowl and a few minutes you can the best coconut flour cookies.
I've had so many people ask me for a healthy cookie recipe and every time I looked in my archives I was a little disappointed TBH, because I wanted to give people THE BEST healthy cookies and I just haven't spent the time to create a recipe for you guys.
Today, I bring you the best coconut flour chocolate chip cookie. It's chewy, it's easy and it's filled with dark chocolate chunks. Bonus points if you add sea salt on top!
I know a lot of people are nut-free and still want to eat cookies. Because a lot of baked goods are made with almond flour I really want to bring you a coconut flour chocolate chip cookie recipe that's nut-free!
What nut or seed butter to use in coconut flour chocolate chip cookies:
I used cashew butter in this coconut flour cookie recipe, but you can absolutely use almond butter! Nut-free option: sunflower butter or tahini! Tahini (which has a stronger flavor).
Can I substitute coconut flour for regular flour in cookies?
No, you can't swap coconut flour for all-purpose flour in recipes. Make sure to follow the recipe exactly when it calls for coconut flour. Coconut flour absorbs A LOT of moisture so if you try to swap them evenly they will likely be very dry.
How healthy is coconut flour?
Coconut flour is very healthy, especially if you follow a grain free or low carb diet. It's high in fiber, protein and healthy fats. It's also low in carbs and has a low glycemic index.
Is coconut flour good for keto?
Coconut flour is a great flour alternative for a low carb or keto diet. If you eat low carb and want to bake nut free coconut flour is a great option, especially for baking.
Low carb alternative for this recipe: swap the coconut sugar for 1/4 cup Natvia or Erythritol.
These coconut flour chocolate chip cookies will blow your mind with their chewy texture and sweet and salty flavor. If you make them and love them as much as I do, tag me on Instagram! Use @What_MollyMade or #WhatMollyMade.
More paleo chocolate recipes:
How to make cookies with coconut flour:
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup nut butter (i used cashew)
- ¼ cup coconut oil solid and slightly softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (Lily's brand is best for low carb option) plus more for topping
- flaky sea salt for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the coconut oil, nut butter and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Stir in dark chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Use a large tablespoon or cookie scoop and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with extra chocolate chunks then sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Top with more flaky sea salt if desired.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting What Molly Made!