These 35 healthy slow cooker recipes are easy staples you can add to your menu. They make great weeknight meals and most are great to keep in the freezer for meal prep.
What are the most healthy meals?
The term "healthy" is pretty relative depending on who you're talking to. So around here we like to say healthy typically falls into an anti-inflammatory diet or fulfills macros (carbs, fat and protein) with lean choices and lots of vegetables and whole grains.
The most healthy recipes contain veggies, healthy fats and proteins. Add some whole grains or a complex carb like sweet potatoes and you've got a great, healthy recipe.
What should I eat for dinner that's healthy?
If you're looking for a healthy dinner recipe, you've come to the right place! These healthy slow cooker recipes will fit perfectly into your healthy diet. Whether you follow a whole30, paleo, low carb or gluten free diet, these recipes are for you.
Slow cooker FAQs:
Now that we've chatted about healthy recipes, let's talk about crock pots and slow cookers! They pretty much cook any food and you can set them and forget them. They make the best healthy dinners!
Is slow cooker healthy? Slow cooker recipes can definitely be healthy (see the 35 recipes below!), but it doesn't always mean everything in the crock pot is healthy. Take a look at the recipe and decide if it fits into your healthy diet.
What can you slow cook? You can slow cook almost anything from appetizers and soups to full dinners and desserts. The best recipes to slow cook are hearty ones for the fall like chilis and roasts. Recipes that are best cooked low and slow make great slow cooker recipes.
Whats the best slow cooker to buy? My favorite slow cooker is the Crock Pot 6 Quart Cook & Carry Programmable slow cooker. It's got over 18,000 reviews and is a best seller on Amazon.
Is it safe to use a slow cooker all day? It's very safe to use a slow cooker all day. They were designed to cook for hours while you're out of the house. Just make sure you have a safe and working outlet.
Now on to the 35 healthy slow cooker recipes!
Slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Healthy slow cooker chicken tortilla soup | What Molly Made
- Slow cooker sweet potato chicken chili | What Molly Made
- Creamy chicken and rice soup [Paleo | Whole30] | What Molly Made
- Crock pot healthy buffalo chicken dip | What Molly Made
- Smoky BBQ Chicken | Paleo Running Momma
- 5 ingredient honey sriracha chicken | FitFoodieFinds
- Slow cooker chicken tikka massala | Ambitious Kitchen
- Crock pot honey garlic chicken | FitFoodieFinds
- One pot golden curry chicken soup | FitFoodieFinds
- Crock pot teriyaki chicken | Well Plated
- BBQ chicken quinoa | FoodFaithFitness
Slow cooker beef recipes:
- Slow cooker sweet potato beef stew | What Molly Made
- Slow cooker paleo chili | What Molly Made
- Korean shredded beef tacos | What Molly Made
- Healthy slow cooker sloppy joes | What Molly Made
- Crock pot braised beef ragu | Pinch of Yum
- Slow cooker healthy taco casserole | Slow Cooker Gourmet
- Slow cooker beef borguignon | The Recipe Critic
- Slow cooker lo mein | Damn Delicious
- Crock pot beef and broccoli | Well Plated
Slow cooker turkey recipes:
- Slow cooker black bean pumpkin turkey chili | Ambitious Kitchen
- Crock pot hamburger soup | Well Plated
- Simple and healthy turkey chili | iHeartNaptime
- Crockpot turkey meatballs | Well Plated
- Slow cooker stuffed peppers | Evolving Table
Slow cooker veggie recipes:
- Slow cooker taco lentil soup | Ambitious Kitchen
- Slow cooker broccoli cauliflower cheese soup | Recipe Runner
- Slow cooker red beans and rice | Recipe Runner
- Thai slow cooker zucchini lasagna | FoodFaithFitness
- Red lentil curry with sweet potatoes | Well Plated
Slow cooker pork recipes:
- Crock pot sausage and peppers | Well Plated
- Healthier crock pot carnitas | Lively Table
- Crock pot pork chops | Well Plated
- Crock pot pork green chili | House of Nash Eats
There you have it! All 35 healthy slow cooker recipes you can make while you're at work, out and about or hanging on the couch. Makes dinner so simple!
If you love any of these recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.