Pumpkin everything is slowly approaching.
Bath and Body Works released their fall candles, Starbucks announced the launch date of the PSL and football is here (Go Browns!). So that means it’s somewhat appropriate to make pumpkin recipes, right? Right.
You could call me pretty basic when it comes to fall. I have no shame in admitting I go all in with pumpkin flavored everything. It just reminds me of everything I love about the season.
Living in Ohio during the fall is a beautiful time. The leaves change colors and there is a smell in the air that’s just so crisp. It reminds me of the time Chelsea and I did a scavenger hunt around my neighborhood.
My mom made a list of random things we needed to find from our neighbors like a fall pencil, an acorn, a piece of halloween candy etc. She may or may not have wanted to occupy us for a long period of time, but either way, it was a blast.
We ran around outside for hours until we collected everything. Not really sure what we did with it when we were done? Nonetheless, it was definitely a memorable experience and one that I’m sure Chelsea and I will do with our kids one day.
These Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect recipe to get the fall recipes rolling. There’s two things I love about this recipe. Actually, there’s three:
- They are SO easy (two ingredients)
- They’re on the lighter side (no eggs, no oil)
- They’re so moist ( I know, you probably hate that word, I’m sorry.)
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 1-15oz can of pure pumpkin puree
- 1 bag of mini semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together with rubber spatula.
- Fill mini muffin tins with batter and bake for 11 minutes.