Get ready for pumpkin pie for breakfast! This pumpkin oatmeal is creamy, full of fall spices and it’s naturally gluten free, dairy free and full of fiber to get you through the morning.
I made this easy pumpkin oatmeal no less than 3 times a week last fall. It’s such a simple recipe, but full of so much flavor.
It takes about 5 MINUTES to make so it makes a great weekday breakfast.
Ingredients for pumpkin oatmeal:
- Gluten free old-fashioned oats: I use Bob’s Red Mill brand and love it.
- Pumpkin puree: make sure to get the canned pumpkin only, not the pumpkin pie mix!
- Pumpkin spices: you can use a mixture of the spices included here or you can use pumpkin pie mix if you already have it.
- Maple syrup: adds a little sweetness and more fall maple flavor.
- Pecans: it’s like you’re eating a pecan pie! Pecans were made for fall.
How to make pumpkin pie oatmeal:
- Start by making your oatmeal. Add 1/2 cup to a serving bowl with the water and microwave on high for 2 minutes then let stand 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including pumpkin, spices, maple syrup and pecans and mix well to combine. You can add a little almond milk too if you want it creamy!
If you love this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More easy oatmeal breakfasts:
- 3 ingredient banana oatmeal breakfast cookies
- Banana oatmeal pancakes
- Chocolate chip banana baked oatmeal
- Apple cinnamon breakfast cookies
Pumpkin pie oatmeal
- ½ cup gluten free old fashioned oats I like Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (can use less for less sweet)
- 3 tablespoons raw pecans
- Almond milk to taste
- Add oats and water to a serving bowl. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes then let stand for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine. Add almond milk if desired for more creamy texture and to achieve desired consistency.