This turkey vegetable low carb soup is a healthy and easy dinner recipe. It’s a great way to add extra veggies and good protein into your diet. Plus it’s low carb, Whole 30, gluten free, dairy free and delicious!
I’ve heard from so many of you that you’re looking for low carb recipes! And it’s winter so low carb soup recipes are perfect.
I’m in the same boat. I love to eat low carb recipes at night before I go to bed and tend to eat the majority of my carbs in the first half of the day. For example, today I ate these blueberry overnight oats for a snack and quinoa, sweet potato taco bowls (recipe coming soon!) for lunch.
Why I eat more of my carbs early in the day: When I wake up I want extra energy from the carbs to keep me energized during the day. This keeps me focused and gives me long lasting energy for workouts. I like to eat low carb recipes in the evening because I don’t do a ton in the evenings and don’t need as much energy from carbs at night and when I’m sleeping.
Obviously this isn’t a hard and fast rule by any means for me but when I’m meal prepping recipes like turkey vegetable low carb soups, I try to be mindful of this because it just makes me feel better!
Another reason I love this low carb vegetable soup is because it forces me to eat my veggies in a delicious and easy way! I don’t know if you’re like me but I STRUGGLE eating enough veggies during the day.
I love this recipe because you don’t realize you’re eating so many veggies at once!
There are six different vegetables in this low carb soup:
- Green Beans
I got all of these veggies at Whole Foods for less than 15 bucks! And they were all organic:) Low carb soup recipes in the slower cooker that’s high protein, easy and cheap?! That’s my kind of recipe.
It’s also really great for meal prep because soup is always a great meal prep recipe. Soup heated up a few days later is just as good as it was the first day. You can also make a double batch of this turkey vegetable low carb soup and freeze it to serve later!
If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with #WhatMollyMade to be featured!
How to Make Turkey Vegetable Low Carb Soup:
Turkey Vegetable Low Carb Soup
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons dairy free milk I used cashew milk
- 1/4 yellow onion diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4-6 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 12 ounces green beans
- 3/4 yellow onion chopped
- 3 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 14- ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- Combine all of the vegetables in a crock pot with the broth and turn up to medium-high.
- While warming, make the meatballs. In a large bowl, combine all of meatball ingredients and mix well with your hands to combine everything. Roll into 1-2 inch meatballs and place, uncooked, on top of the vegetables in the crock pot.
- Once all of meatballs have been rolled, cover the crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours until the veggies and meatballs are cooked.
- Cover and store in an air tight container for up to one week. To freeze, place in a plastic freezer bag or large air tight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 month.