These garlic chicken bites are golden and crispy on the outside with a side of al dente asparagus. This entire healthy dish is done in 15 minutes!
If you aren't sure what to do with those chicken breasts if you have in your fridge, these tender, juicy chicken bites are the answer. You only need a few ingredients for this simple, healthy dinner.
Ingredients for garlic chicken bites
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Italian seasoning
- Ghee (coconut oil or olive oil works too)
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Cook two batches of chicken bites so the outsides get really crispy. If you try and do too much at once your chicken will steam instead of crisp.
- Cut your chicken into the same size pieces so they cook evenly.
- Stir the garlic frequently because it only takes a few seconds for it to turn.
Watch How to Make garlic chicken bites
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More easy chicken recipes:
- Lemon garlic chicken asparagus pasta [one pot]
- Instant pot greek chicken and rice
- Healthy homemade chicken nuggets
- Crock pot BBQ pulled chicken
- Blackened chicken tenders
Crispy Garlic Chicken Bites
- 1 1/2 -2 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Place the chicken in a bowl and season with Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and set aside. Add 2 tablespoon of ghee to a cast iron skillet or deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once melted and rippling, add half of the chicken and don’t move it for about 1 minute to get it crispy on one side. Stir and cook to crisp all sides for another 2-3 minutes. Remove the chicken to a paper towel lined plate and repeat the process with the other half of the chicken. This is so the chicken gets crispy rather than filling the pan too much and steaming the chicken. Add the first batch back to the pan then reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining ghee and garlic. Stir and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes then transfer all of the chicken bites to the same paper towel lined plate.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to deglaze it, removing any brown bites from the bottom of the pan. Add asparagus and the remaining salt and pepper and lemon juice and stir. Close the lid and steam, with the heat still on medium, for 3-4 minutes. Open the lid and add chicken back to the pan. Finish with another squeeze of lemon juice and chopped parsley.