This hormone healing green smoothie recipe is a healthy, detox smoothie that will balance hormones and help aid weight loss. It’s also great for skin and energy and a perfect, easy breakfast.
I often get asked how I incorporate all of the supplements into my diet and routine like when I take them and if I take them with food. One of my favorite ways to get a lot of my supplements in at once is in a delicious smoothie.
Not only does this smoothie hold all of those awesome, healing supplements, but the ingredients in it also help balance hormones.
Ingredients in this hormone healing green smoothie recipe:
- Frozen zucchini
- Green grapes
- Almond Butter
- Dairy free milk (I used coconut)
- Inositol or Maca Powder
- Glutamine or collagen
Hormone Healing Green Smoothie FAQ
What are the benefits of drinking green smoothies?
- It falls into an anti-inflammatory, which means it’s free of dairy, gluten and refined sugars. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet helps regulate hormones because inflammation is a hormone disruptor.
- This smoothie helps balances blood sugar. It doesn’t have any bananas or too many sugars from fruit so it won’t spike your blood sugar. It also has healthy fat to balance blood sugar and keep you full. The cinnamon in this smoothie is also a blood sugar balancer.
- Delivers vitamins and minerals your cycle needs to function correctly. The vegetables in this recipe, especially the spinach, are a good source of magnesium, B vitamins, potassium and more. All of which our body needs for healthy hormones.
- Additional supplements help boost this already healthy green smoothie. I like to use inositol or maca, but you could add any powdered supplement that helps you. You can add collagen or glutamine to help your gut too.
Can I eat green smoothies every day?
Absolutely! You could eat a green smoothie for breakfast or a snack every day. I try to eat one every day to get in all my supplements and extra veggies I may not be eating in my other meals. Green smoothies are a great recipe to add to your daily routine.
What veggies are good in smoothies?
The best veggies are the ones filled with vitamins and minerals but that don’t make your smoothie too strong of a veggies taste. Here are some of my favorite veggies for smoothies:
- Spinach or kale
How to meal prep this green smoothie:
To make a bunch of these green smoothies in advance, gather 5-7 sandwich bags or stasher bags. Place the zucchini, grapes, spinach, and date in the bags and place them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to make the smoothie, dump all of the fruits and veggies in your blender, add the dairy free milk, cinnamon and supplements and blend.
If you love this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More smoothie recipes:
Hormone healing green smoothie
- ½ cup frozen zucchini
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup frozen green grapes
- 1 date pitted
- 1 tabslepoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Inositol or maca powder
- Glutamine powder optional
- Plant based protein or collagen
- Add everything to blender and blend on high until smooth. Add a splash more milk if it’s too thick. Top with fresh fruit, nuts or unsweetened coconut.