You only need 5 ingredients for this simple avocado smoothie. It's full of healthy fats, fiber, veggies and fruit for a nutrient-packed breakfast or snack that will keep you full.
If there is one ingredient I always try to add to my smoothies, it's avocado! And this simple avocado banana smoothie is a staple in our home.
What makes a great smoothie?
The cornerstone to a healthy smoothie include: protein, fat, greens and fiber (the fab 4 smoothie). Nutritionist and health expert, Kelly Leveque, created this concept and is something I try to accomplish with each smoothie recipe.
Why do you put avocado in a smoothie?
- Healthy fats: avocados are full of healthy fats that fill you up and keep you full.
- Fiber: Half and avocado delivers 10g of fiber! The added greens give you even more.
- Nutrients and Minerals: Avocados are full of folate, magnesium potassium, B vitamins and more.
They deliver all of these things, and on top of that, it makes your smoothie ultra creamy!
Can you taste the avocado?
The avocado has a very mild flavor, so it takes on the taste of the more dominant flavors in this recipe like the banana and pineapple.
5 Base Ingredients
- Almond milk
How to make an Avocado Smoothie (step by step video)
- Blend the spinach and milk: Blend the spinach and milk on high for 30 seconds until the spinach is broken up and the mixture is green.
- Blend until thick and creamy: Add the rest of the ingredients (including any optional add-ins) then close the lid and blend for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add more milk as needed.
- Serve: Enjoy right away!
Watch the video
Make it even healthier!
Sneak some extra nutrients (like my PCOS supplements) into your smoothie. Here are some popular supplements for smoothies!
- Protein powder: collagen peptides or my favorite vanilla protein
- Extra fiber: flax seed, chia seeds and psyllium husk
- Any adaptogenic herbs: ashwaghanda or maca
- Frozen cauliflower or zucchini
- Fresh blueberries
- Nut butter
Meal prep this smoothie:
Add all of the ingredients, except the milk, to a plastic bag or reusable storage bag. When you're ready, add all fo the ingredients form the freezer to the blender and then add the milk. Add more milk as needed!
If you love this recipe, don't forget to leave a star rating and review! You and also tag me on Instagram so I can see it and feature you.
More of our favorite smoothie recipes:
- Tropical kale smoothie
- Hormone healing green smoothie
- Pitaya smoothie bowl
- PB&J smoothie bowl
- Berry almond smoothie bowl
Ultra Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups packed spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy free milk) *see notes for oat milk
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Add the spinach and milk to the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until the spinach is broken up and the mixture is green.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (including any optional add-ins) then close the lid and blend for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve right away!