An oven-baked salmon that’s flavored with everything bagel seasoning. It’s crazy easy —just place salmon and veggies on a pan! Weeknight dinner done in 20.
- Ingredient Notes
- What is everything but the bagel seasoning?
- What salmon to buy
- Watch how to make everything bagel salmon (step-by-step)
- What other vegetables go well with everything bagel salmon?
- Tips for Cooking Salmon
- How to Tell When Salmon is Done
- More Healthy Salmon Recipes to Try
- One-Pan Everything Bagel Salmon and Broccoli
We love seafood recipes because they're always healthy and take less than 30 minutes to make. Salmon cooks quickly, making recipes like blackened salmon, teriyaki glazed salmon, and air fryer salmon bites a great weeknight dinner. This meal packs massive flavors into the salmon and roasts it all on one pan with fresh veggies.
- Broccoli: this fresh veggies cooks relatively quickly and pairs well with salmon. Keep reading for a few options if you don't want broccoli!
- Honey: the sticky and sweet honey adds flavor and helps the everything but the bagel seasoning stick to the salmon.
- Dijon mustard: honey, mustard and salmon go so well together. The spice in this cuts the sweetness and adds depth.
- Salmon fillets: we're keeping the skin on for this and coating the flesh side with all the seasoning.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning: we save time by buying this pre-made, but you can make your own too!
What is everything but the bagel seasoning?
This seasoning gained popularity after Trader Joe's released it a couple of years ago. It's great for topping eggs and avocado toast, but it makes a killer seasoning for protein like chicken and this salmon.
You can buy pre-made seasoning here or make homemade everything but the bagel seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
What salmon to buy
- Look for wild caught salmon first, but a farm raised salmon that is vibrant with no fish smell is great.
- Fresh or frozen? If you live near the coast and have access to fresh salmon, opt for that. It should note that it's "fresh never frozen." Most of the time the fish at the counter was previously frozen and thawed, so if you're planning to freeze again before cooking, just opt for the frozen salmon. It's flash frozen right after it's caught.
Watch how to make everything bagel salmon (step-by-step)
What other vegetables go well with everything bagel salmon?
- Asparagus: just bake it with the salmon as it usually takes 15 minutes total.
- Green beans: just bake it with the salmon as it usually takes 15 minutes total.
- Brussel sprouts: bake for 15-20 minutes first.
- Sweet potato: give our easy sweet potato salad a try.
Tips for Cooking Salmon
- Remove the pin bones
- Pat the salmon dry to allow for the topping to stick
- Cook the salmon skin-side down
- Don't overcook it
- Try to buy salmon fillets that are all the same size for even cooking
How to Tell When Salmon is Done
You'll know salmon is done just before it reaches 145°F with an internal temperature. Make sure to insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon for the best reading.
Our Cafe 30" Smart Slide-In Gas Double-Oven Range comes with a temperature probe that we can put in the salmon and leave there. It connects to our Cafe app so we can read how hot the center of the fish is while it's cooking!
This post is sponsored by Cafe Appliances. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to amazing brands like them who allow us to continue sharing free recipes with you!
More Healthy Salmon Recipes to Try
One-Pan Everything Bagel Salmon and Broccoli
- 32 ounces broccoli florets*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 4 (4-5 ounce) salmon fillets
- ¼ cup everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add the broccoli florets to a large sheet pan in an even layer and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat then roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While they're roasting, mix the dijon mustard and honey together in a small bowl. When the broccoli is done, carefully remove it from the oven, stir it then push it to the side to leave room for the salmon.
- Place the each salmon skin side down on the open side of the baking sheet and generously brush each with the prepared honey dijon mixture. Sprinkle the salmon with everything but the bagel seasoning so minimal flesh is showing.
- Place the sheet pan back in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until salmon reaches 145°F.