Creamy avocado dip is a healthy appetizer recipe that only takes 5 minutes to make. This creamy, vegan dip will be a crowd pleaser at any party. Top with extra cilantro and serve with plantain chips, tortillas chips or veggies.
Dips are a staple in our house. When we go visit my parents there's always snacks involved before dinner. There's usually a healthy guacamole on the table, but I thought it was time to come up with a twist so we aren't having the same thing every time. Enter this creamy avocado dip!
- Avocados are the star of this recipe. Grab yourself some fresh ones and make sure they're nice and ripe.
- Coconut cream is the thick cream at the top of the coconut milk can. Make sure you get the full fat coconut milk!
- Lime juice, of course.
- Garlic powder and salt for seasoning.
- Cilantro adds freshness and more flavor!
What's the difference between guacamole and avocado dip?
Though both are dips with avocado as the base, guacamole is a dip made with veggies like tomatoes and onion and avocado dip is made with coconut cream. But both are made with lime juice, salt and cilantro! You can use them interchangeably, it just depends which one you're in the mood for!
Is avocado dip healthy?
This avocado dip is really healthy! It's made with lots of healthy fats and it's still dairy free. Serve it with a healthy side and you've got a healthy appetizer that everyone will love!
What do you eat avocado dip with?
I love healthy dippers for this avocado dip to keep it healthy! Here are some of my favorite things to use to dip:
- Organic tortilla chips or Siete tortilla chips
- Veggies like carrots and celery
- Plaintain chips (my fave!)
How do I ripen an avocado quickly?
If you want to make this dip but you don't have avocados that are ripe, stick them in a brown paper bag and add a banana or apple if you have one. This should help ripen it up quicker!
How long does this dip last?
This avocado dip will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Because it's made with avocados it tends to get brown quickly so you'll want to cover it with plastic wrap and have the plastic touch the surface of the dip. You can also add some extra lime juice to the top or stick the pit of the avocado in the dip to help it last longer.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to give me a star rating and tag me on Instagram with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More dip recipe:
How to make creamy avocado dip video:
Creamy Avocado Dip
- 3 large avocados pitted peeled
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk just the cream from the top
- Juice from 1-2 limes depending on your taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or more to top
- To serve: tortilla chips veggies or plaintain chips
- Add the avocado to a medium bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Sprinkle with more cilantro and serve right away.