You will love this easy tailgating dessert! Made with chocolate and peanut butter, this buckeye dip is the ultimate sweet treat for fall, summer, holidays and more. Make it in a few minutes, it's that easy!
This weekend marks my favorite season of the year, college football season! I was born and raised in Akron (the home of Lebron James).
And though I didn't go to Ohio State it didn't keep me from visiting, going to games or making buckeye candies.
Ohio's state tree is the buckeye, the university's mascot is a buckeye, and if the state has a candy it is certainly the buckeye.
The buckeye candy is a round ball of peanut butter mixed with powdered sugar and dipped and almost, but not completely, covered in chocolate. This is my twist on the Ohio famous treat made to share.
The dip is made with peanut butter and powdered sugar and generously sprinkled with min semi sweet chocolate chips. You should absolutely make this recipe for your next game-day celebration (buckeye fan or not) because it's so easy to whip up and a great recipe to set on the table and dunk and dip.
I love to serve it with graham crackers, but you can always serve it with teddy grahams or even apples for a lighter option.
In Ohio there are unwritten rules - you always complete the O-H chant (I-O) and you never give up on your team, even if it is the Browns.
I would write my own (stellar) choreography and then practice for months for the show at the end of summer. To this day the show is still the first Friday of August once the sun has completely set with about 75 girls running around in black bathing suits, covered in glitter and with French braid pigtails. Get me in a swimming pool and I'll be sure to show you a move or two!
So whatever your upcoming party, activity or gathering, make this easy and delicious dip. Everyone (even non Buckeye fans) will love it!
- 1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour heat-treated in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Using the paddle mixer attachment or a wooden spoon mix in the chocolate chips.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving.
- Serve with teddy grahams, graham crackers or apples.
*This recipe was updated with new pictures and a how-to video on 1/26/17