If you're craving big flavor, pour this jalapeño ranch over your favorite salad or serve it as a dip with chips. It's bursting with flavor from fresh ingredients like jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and ranch seasoning.
If you're familiar with Chuy's jalapeño ranch and you're looking for a homemade copycat version, you've come to the right place.
I can't begin to count the number of times I've made this jalapeño ranch dressing over the years. After all that time, we've perfected the perfect ratio of spicy and savory, with just the right amount of ranch flavor.
If you're a ranch lover, you will drool over this spicy version because it's just like traditional ranch dressings, with a Mexican flare and spicy kick.
This Jalapeno Ranch Is:
- Made with real ingredients.
- Done in 5 minutes or less.
- Customizable to your spice level (give it a little kick or a whole lot of spice).
- Delicious poured or dipped over anything.
- Always a huge hit.
Skip the store-bought ranch and enjoy this homemade jalapeno ranch without any added ingredients or oils (canola oil).
Just real, simple ingredients for the perfect dressing. Your taste buds will thank you!
Ingredients You'll Need
Here are the basic ingredients for this spicy ranch dressing. They're affordable and easy to find at the grocery store. Jump down to the recipe card for exact measurements.
- Mayonnaise: mayo is the creamy base of this dip and helps add fat, and flavor, and thickens it too.
- Greek yogurt: this is another main ingredient with a mild flavor. It helps thicken the dip and balances the flavor. We tested this with plant-based dairy-free yogurt and it was delicious.
- Fresh cilantro: this leafy herb is full of flavor and adds a level of freshness.
- Honey: all that spice needs to balance out with just a little sweetness.
- Lime juice: is another ingredient to add flavor and balance everything with acid.
- Ranch seasoning: a mix of dill, chives, onion powder, black pepper, and salt gives it the classic ranch flavor.
- Jalapeno peppers: scrape out the seeds of fresh jalapenos for a milder homemade ranch, or add more jalapeno for extra heat. We've also tested this with pickled jalapenos.
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped (with or without seeds for more spice) *see notes
- Salsa verde: the depth of flavor in this rounds out the recipe. You can use green enchilada sauce or even diced green chiles in a pinch.
- Garlic: fresh garlic is ideal and you don't even need to chop it first. Garlic powder is another good option.
- Milk: add a splash or two of milk depending on how thick or thin you want this dip.
Love jalapeños? Serve this with our favorite skinny spicy margaritas!
How to Make Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
The full printable recipe is below, but let’s walk through the steps with some photos and a video so you have a clear idea of what to expect. This creamy jalapeno ranch dressing is really easy and these step-by-step instructions will make sure it turns out every time.
Video: Watch How to Make Jalapeno Ranch Dip
Add all of the ingredients, except the milk, to a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse it or blend it for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl or blender as needed.
The dip should be completely smooth. Add a splash of milk as needed if the dip is too thick. Taste and add additional salt or lime juice as needed.
Ways to Serve this Jalapeño Ranch Recipe
Dipping Sauce: pour it into a bowl and serve it as a veggie dip with bell pepper, cucumber, celery, and more. It's also delicious with your main meal, especially if you're having french fries or chicken tenders. We've had it with gluten-free fried chicken and it is so good!
Salad Dressing: Pour it over taco salads, BBQ ranch chicken salads, or whatever salad you have on the menu, especially if you're craving a little spice. This super creamy dressing adds a rich flavor and just the right amount of heat to your leafy greens.
Chip Dip: This is the perfect dip to go with tortilla chips. Just like Chuy's, enjoy this creamy dip as an appetizer before your meal.
Store any extra creamy jalapeno in an airtight container, like a mason jar, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It may thicken slightly as it cools, so stir in a splash of milk if needed before serving again.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to give me a star rating and tag me on Instagram with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
Creamy Jalapeño Ranch
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise (Note 1)
- ⅔ cup plain Greek Yogurt dairy-free if needed (Note 2)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 fresh jalapeño (with or without the seeds) roughly chopped (Note 3)
- ¼ cup mild salsa verde (Note 4)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic (Note 5)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon milk any kind
- Food processor or high-speed blender
- Add all of the ingredients, except the milk, to a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse it or blend it for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl or blender as needed, until it's completely smooth
- Open the lid to check the consistency and add up to 3 Tablespoons of milk if the dip is too thick. Taste and add additional salt or lime juice as needed.