What if I told you that this puppy chow was healthy? Because that's exactly what I'm going to do.
So when www.mixtnutrition.com sent us chocolate peanut butter protein power it was a sign from up above to give everyone's face-stuffing delicious dessert a healthy high protein makeover.
The butter is replaced with coconut oil and honey, the Chex are still the same (btw, gluten free!), and the powdered sugar is swapped for CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN. And then I added Bia Bar peanut butter bars. These things are like whoa. Bia bars are a local Columbus-based company that came out with this crazy good bar that's gluten free and so healthy. It's basically tastes like peanut butter fudge. #heaven
Oh, and the chocolate is still the same. But it's fine because all the other healthy things cancel it out (right?). I made this recipe with semi sweet chocolate chips because that's what I had in my pantry, but next time I will try it with dark chocolate!
This recipes was inspired by Food Faith Fitness.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Honey Chex cereal
- 3 Bia Bars
- 1 cup chocolate peanut butter protein powder
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter. Melt in the microwave in thirty second increments, stirring between each one, until melted. Add vanilla and stir. Add Chex cereal and stir until completely coated.
- In a large freezer bag, add the protein powder. Transfer the chocolate Chex mixture into the bag and shake vigorously until it's completely coated.
- Chop the Bia Bars into small bite size pieces and add to the bag. Shake again to mix. Store in the fridge for up to a week.