Seriously you guys, I think these bars speak for themselves.
Sprinkles make healthy things (and life) so much better. They’re just a party on a plate and brighten up any time of the day when I want to gobble these protein bars up.
And that’s exactly what I did. Morning, noon and night I had one of these. My typical morning usually goes something like this: work out, shower, get dressed, get dressed again (because I hate my first outfit), do my hair, watch Good Morning America, then determine what I’m going to make/eat for breakfast with the last 4 minutes before I have to rush out the door.
Sometimes it’s egg whites and veggies, sometimes it’s a breakfast smoothie, but the majority of the time it’s anything I can grab as quickly as possible.
Needless to say, these funfetti protein bars have been clutch for my morning routine. A sweet, chewy and very healthy bar filled with everything I need in the morning. I just grabbed one and ate it on the road for a week straight! Then I packed it in my lunch and ate them again in the afternoon.
Just look at them! Nuff said.
Healthy Funfetti Protein BarsPRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour or sub for coconut flour for paleo option
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein
- 2 tablespoons stevia or sugar sub
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoon or more of almond milk
- Protein glaze:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon milk or more to thin it out
- sprinkles optional
- Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flours, protein, sweetener and salt and mix well.
- Combine cashew butter and syrup in microwave bowl and heat until melted about 30 seconds. Stir together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into dry and mix until well-combined, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and milk and mix well until a firm batter is formed. If necessary, add more milk by the tablespoon until the right density is reached.
- Transfer dough to lined baking dish and press down firmly to create an even layer.
- For the glaze, mix all ingredients in a small bowl and slowly add the milk until desired consistency is reached. Pour over bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm. Cut into square or rectangle pieces and store in the fridge for up to one week.