Make one of these buffalo chicken recipes for your next party or the big game! You'll find ways to serve buffalo chicken and creative buffalo chicken recipes.
What Is Buffalo Chicken?
The buffalo wing was the first rendition of this recipe where chicken wings are covered in a spicy buffalo sauce and usually dipped in ranch or blue cheese dip. Since then, people have been creating twists on this game-day favorite. As long as you have the basic ingredients down, you can turn these flavors into the perfect finger food or full meal.
Common Buffalo Chicken Ingredients
These recipes are pantry staples and ones you can find at your local grocery store. Stock up on these ingredients and you can bake buffalo chicken anytime.
- Hot sauce: we love to use frank's red hot sauce because of it's bold, classic flavor, but you could use any buffalo wing sauce.
- Chicken: some form of chicken breast is typical, but we love to keep it simple and use a rotisserie chicken. We also like to throw chicken breasts in the slow cooker with some olive oil on high for 4-5 hours. Buffalo chicken dip is a great way to use leftover chicken breast.
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- Sour cream and cheddar cheese: both add fat and soo much flavor to buffalo chicken. Most buffalo chicken recipes are topped with cheese, but if you're dairy-free we have THE BEST healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- Toppings: Green onions, fresh dill or chives to garnish
The most famous way to serve buffalo chicken is in dip form. It's creamy, spicy flavor make it a fan favorite for the super bowl. Our dairy free healthy buffalo chicken dip is the best buffalo chicken dip recipe in my opinion!
Ways to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Dip with: Tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks or avocado fries
- Stuff it: Inside sweet potatoes
- Pour it on top of: french fries, onion rings, chips (for nachos!) or salad.
- Sandwich it: scoop it on a bun for buffalo chicken sandwiches or sliders or roll it up with lettuce for buffalo chicken wraps.
6 Best Buffalo Chicken Recipes
These are great recipes to make with buffalo sauce and chicken. The best part is that they're full meals, so you get everything you need to satisfy your craving for the buffalo chicken flavor on a weeknight.
Perfectly Crispy Baked Buffalo wings smothered in an easy homemade Buffalo sauce (Kitchen Sanctuary).
I hope all of these delicious recipes and ideas help you get creative with your buffalo chicken or your favorite buffalo chicken ingredients.
If you make one of the recipes, especially our dairy-free buffalo chicken dip, leave a comment and tag us on Instagram.