Buffalo chicken casserole is an easy and delicious dinner recipe. It freezes well and it's full of the classic buffalo dip ingredients including hot sauce, potatoes, chicken and ranch. This buffalo chicken potato casserole serves a crowd and is also great for parties!
When it comes to buffalo chicken, I love it in all forms. Dips, spreads and casseroles.
I've been making buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot for parties and football games for years. The dip usually lasts a total of 20 minutes max before it's long gone. The same goes for this buffalo chicken potato casserole!
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make! You only need 6 ingredients to make this buffalo chicken casserole.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Casserole:
To make this buffalo chicken casserole, add all of the ingredients into a casserole dish, stir well then sprinkle with extra shredded cheese. Allow the buffalo chicken potato bake to bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until the cheese on top melts and bubbles. Top with fresh green onion!
How To Freeze Buffalo Chicken Casserole:
This Buffalo chicken casserole freezes really well if you have leftovers or want to freeze extra for another weeknight. Transfer the entire casserole to an airtight container or individual meal prep containers and place in the freezer. They store well for 3 months!
What I love about this buffalo chicken casserole: is the creaminess and the kick of heat. I'll be the first to admit I don't handle spice well. I put just enough to give it a kick, but not enough so my tongue burns off.
My fiance, on the other hand, loves anything spicy and puts red pepper flakes on anything and everything. The more buffalo the better for him. If you're more like him, add as much buffalo sauce as you want!
If you made this recipe don't forget to tag me on Instagram with @What_MollyMade or #WhatMollyMade to be featured!
- 1 ½ pounds chicken cubed
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce more if you like spice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound shredded frozen hash browns
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cheese divided
- chives optional
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Grease 9x13 casserole dish with cookie spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hash browns, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, soup and 1 cup cheddar cheese and mix well. Cube chicken and mix well.
- Dump casserole ingredients into casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 1 hours. Uncover and add remaining cheese on top. Bake for an additional 15 minutes until melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
- Keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer for up to two months.