Make your entire dinner on one sheet pan with these everything bagel chicken tenders roasted with crispy veggies. Dinners will never be easier or healthier! This is gluten free, dairy free and even whole30 approved.
It's no secret around here that we LOVE sheet pan meals. I'm really not exaggerating, we usually have 2-3 of them every week. They're easy, healthy and the best of all, a cinch to clean up. Some of our favorites are, maple dijon sausage and veggies, one pan sausage butternut squash and apples, sheet pan sausage and veggies, sheet pan steak fajitas.
I've got an everything bagel chicken salad in my new cookbook, and everyone who's had it loves it so much I thought I'd share another fun way to combine everything but the bagel seasoning and chicken together in one simple (minimal ingredient!) dish.
6 Simple Ingredients
- Petite potatoes: we got the petite gold potatoes from the store, but any variety of small potatoes will work. You will cut them in half, but may need to quarter some of the big ones to make sure each piece is the same size for even cooking.
- Garlic: use fresh garlic to toss with the potatoes. You won't regret it when you start to smell the olive oil and garlic wafting through the oven.
- Broccoli: This adds massive amounts of vitamins and nutrients to this dish like fiber, Vitamin C and potassium.
- Chicken tenders: I opted for chicken tenders because they cook quicker and I like them smaller sometimes compared to a very large chicken breast.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning: I used a store bought version (like the one from Trader Joe's), but you could also make your own seasoning for this recipe.
How to make everything bagel chicken and veggies (4 easy steps)
- Line a large sheet pan with foil then spread the potatoes evenly across the pan. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh garlic and salt. Toss gently to coat then roast for 15-18 minutes, until the potatoes start to get slightly brown and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add the broccoli to the sheet pan. Toss the potatoes and broccoli well, then push the veggies to 2/3 of the pan, leaving one side open for the chicken.
- Place the chicken tenders in a row on the sheet pan (it's okay if they're touching) then brush them with olive oil on one side, flip them over, and brush with olive oil on the other side. Sprinkle them generously with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for another 15-18 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy and the chicken is cooked through (it should reach 165°F on in instant read thermometer).
Substitutions and variations
Chicken tenders: you can use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders. Just be sure they're about 4 ounces each (you may need to cut them in half lengthwise if they're really large). Reduce the potato cooking time to 8-10 minutes and cook everything, with the chicken, for 20-25 minutes.
Broccoli: instead of broccoli you can use your favorite green veggies like brussels sprouts or asparagus.
Potatoes: opt for a lower carb veggies like carrots or cauliflower. You can also use a sweet potato (cut into 1-2 inch pieces).
Tips and FAQs
- Can you use a sheet pan for chicken? Cooking chicken on a sheet pan is one of my favorite ways to prepare it! It roasts perfectly so it's juicy and tender and it's minimal clean up. You can get creative with seasonings and sauces if you use a rimmed baking sheet.
- Use an instant read thermometer: This is the best way to know when you're chicken (and any protein) is done. Place the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and when it just reaches 165°F, you know it's done!
- Storage tips: Leftovers (or meal prep) can be stored in an air tight container for up to 4 days. Warm it back up in the microwave or bake at 350°F until warmed through. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months! Just thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat.
Watch how to make everything bagel chicken[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="Zs8HJi8L" upload-date="2021-05-14T20:52:30.000Z" name="Sheet Pan Everything Bagel Chicken" description="Make your entire dinner on one sheet pan with these everything bagel chicken tenders roasted with crispy veggies. Dinners will never be easier or healthier! This is gluten free, dairy free and even whole30 approved." player-type="collapse" override-embed="false"]
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More sheet pan chicken recipes:
- Maple dijon chicken sausage and veggies
- One pan chicken teriyaki
- Sheet pan chicken fajitas
- One pan greek chicken
- Sheet pan crispy paleo chicken
Sheet Pan Everything Bagel Chicken and Veggies
- 1 lb petite potatoes washed and halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 lb chicken tenders fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Add the potatoes to the sheet pan then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and chopped garlic. Toss well to coat then roast in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until the potatoes start to turn slightly golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add the broccoli florets. Toss well to combine then push the veggies to 2/3 of the pan, leaving enough room for the chicken tender.
- Place the chicken tenders in a row on the sheet pan (it's okay if they're touching). Brush olive oil on one side of the chicken then flip it over and brush it on the other side. Generously sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning on top of each chicken breast to almost coat them fully. Place back in the oven and bake for another 15-18 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and the chicken is cooked all the way through (it should reach an internal temperature of 165°F).
- Serve right away or store in an air tight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.