It only takes 3 minutes to make this healthy honey mustard dipping sauce! With only 5 ingredients, you can have a homemade dip recipe for chicken, salads or appetizers.
I grew up on honey mustard and dipped everything I could in this tangy, sweet dressing. We used to smother our chicken sandwiches in it and dip our fries and chips in it.
It never seemed like the healthiest option when it comes to dips and sauces so I noticed myself avoiding it as I got older, but that changes today. I'm so happy with how this healthy version turned out!
I feel like a kid again dunking everything I can in honey mustard! You'll feel like a kid again too when you make this recipe with me!
What is honey mustard made of?
There are a few ingredients you may not know about, aside from the obvious ingredients because of its name. Honey mustard has a zingy and creamy taste all at once. Here's what you'll need to make this recipe!
- Honey: try to get the raw and organic honey from your grocery store or farmer's market.
- Mustard: I like dijon mustard for the bit of spiciness it adds but you can totally use yellow mustard if that's what you have handy.
- Paleo mayo: you can buy this from the store (my favorite brand is Chosen Foods), or you can make your own paleo mayo.
- Lemon juice: this adds a zing to the recipe that makes it so good! You can also use distilled white vinegar—whatever you have on hand!
- Paprika: this adds a depth of flavor and a littler peppery taste that is just right.
What does honey mustard taste like?
Honey mustard is a sweet and tangy sauce! It's got a slight mustard taste but is much more on the sweet side and it has a tang from the mustard and vinegar.
Is it healthy?
I consider this recipe healthy because it's made of all real ingredients, which makes it good in my book. This recipe uses paleo mayo (no sugar added!) and other healthy ingredients like raw honey. As always, it's good to eat it in moderation.
What can I eat with honey mustard?
- Rice crispy chicken
- The best brussel sprout salad
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Other roasted veggies
- Grilled chicken
- Soft pretzels
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
Healthy honey mustard sauce
- ¼ cup raw organic honey
- ¼ cup paleo mayonnaise homemade or store bought
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard yellow mustard will work too
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white distilled vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Add all of the ingredients to a small dish and whisk until smooth. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.