This paleo-approved sheet pan dinner is easy to make and perfect for busy fall nights. Get some extra veggies into your dinner with this sweet, spicy and savory one pan recipe.
It's no secret we love all the sheet pan dinners around our house. They're easy, healthy and require minimal clean up. I love getting creative with the veggies we use and the sauce that goes with it. This recipe was so fun to create and is full of fall flavors.
- Sweet potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
- Fresh herbs
- Maple syrup
- Dijon Mustard
Although these ingredients work really well together, you can swap our the veggies for what you have on hand.
Substitutions: butternut squash, potatoes, broccoli, or carrots.
- Try and cut all of the veggies roughly the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Use the amount of oil called for when roasted the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. This helps the brussels get nice and crispy.
- To quickly stem the herbs, hold the top and pull down the stem to remove the leaves quickly then give them a rough chop.
- Use the Al Fresco store locator to find a retailer near you that sells the Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage. The real maple syrup and dried apples in this all natural chicken sausage goes so well with all the flavors in this recipe.
Sausage and Veggies Storage Tips:
- To store: place leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: place back on a large, foil-lined baking sheet and cook at 350°F until warmed all the way through. This also reheats well on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- To freeze: place cooled sausage and veggies in an-air tight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge then follow the instructions above to reheat.
What to serve with Maple Dijon Sausage and Veggies?
I love this meal because there really isn't any extra cooking required. It covers all the protein, carbs and healthy fats we like to balance out at dinner. Because this recipe calls for sweet potatoes, there really doesn't need to be another carb, but if you'd like to serve with rice you can!
Toppings: whip up a little extra maple dijon sauce to pour on top or sere with some chopped parsley in a big bowl.
This post is sponsored by Al Fresco. I'm so grateful for brands like them that believe in me and my recipes so I can keep sharing free recipes with you! #alfrescoambassador #ad
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More sheet pan dinners:
Maple Dijon Sausage and Veggies
- 1 lb sweet potatoes about 1 large, peeled and diced into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- 2 medium apples diced
- 2 11 ounce packages Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 16 oz brussels sprouts end trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and cover a large sheet pan with foil or a silpat mat and set aside.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes then cut the ends off the brussels sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise. Place on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, dice the apples (remove skin if desired) and slice the Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage on the bias and set both aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, maple syrup and dijon mustard and whisk well to combine.
- When the veggies have been roasting for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven and add the sausage and apples to the pan. Drizzle the sauce over everything and toss well to combine. Spread the ingredients out evenly across the sheet pan in one even layer.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until veggies and apples are fork-tender and the edges are crispy and golden brown. If you want them more crispy you can broil it for 1-2 minutes.