Red white and blue jello shots are the best drink for a fourth of July or Memorial Day party. Whether you're headed to the beach, having a party, or firing up the grill, these patriotic Jell-O shots will most definitely liven up your celebration.
When Chelsea and I were growing up Labor Day made us really sad. The pool closed and it meant the end of summer. Because we went to separate schools we wouldn't be able to see each other every day, and trust me, that was very traumatic.
What Alcohol Can Be Used In Jello Shots?
You can use almost any alcohol you want in a jello shot recipe. For these red white and blue jello shots we're using raspberry vodka. Any vodka recipe is ideal because they mix well with flavored jello.
But I'm certain if we would have had these (sans the alcohol of course) it would have made Labor Day weekend a little better.
Red White & Blue Jello-O Shots
- 1-8 oz box Blue Raspberry Jell-O
- 1-8 oz box Strawberry Jell-O
- Whipped Cream
- Red and blue sprinkles optional
- 1 cup Raspberry Vodka
- 2 oz plastic cups
- Bring half a cup of water to a boil.
- Add Blue Raspberry Jell-O and stir until dissolved, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of vodka and stir until combined.
- Pour liquid Jell-O into plastic cups and place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the Strawberry Jell-O and pour the liquid on top of the blue Jell-O.
- Let them set in the fridge for another two hours.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles right before serving.