This peppermint pretzels recipe will be a huge hit! Salty pretzels, topped with milk chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint candy pieces, you can make this bite-sized easy holiday treat with simple ingredients in under 10 minutes!
Looking for more simple recipes for a no-bake dessert? Try Ritz thin mints or peanut butter Ritz cookies next. These buckeye bites are another super easy treat made with pretzels and melted chocolate.
I like to call this my need-a-recipe-last-minute Christmas recipe. That's because it really does take only minutes to make. And it's so delish! Not to mention it looks super pretty.
They're a perfect size to take to holiday parties and the perfect holiday treat for when the kids watch a Christmas movie or you have a Christmas cookie exchange.
If you're a regular around here you know we just wrapped up Christmas cookie week. I had four containers of cookies in my freezer waiting to be packaged up to share with friends and family. I just got those divided yesterday and these little peppermint pretzel bites were a great addition to fill the little holes in my tins.
You could even wrap these peppermint pretzels up in little plastic baggies with a ribbon and they would be such a cute teacher or coach gift! Seriously, if you have under 15 minutes you can make this recipe and it will be ready to take to a party last minute!
3 Steps to Make Peppermint Pretzel Bites
Here are the basic steps, with images, for these peppermint pretzels. Skip down to the recipe card below for the full printable recipe.
- Start by laying your pretzels out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each pretzel with one Hershey square.
- Bake the pretzels and Hershey's at 200°F for about 5 minutes.
- Once the pretzels come out of the oven, top each one with crushed peppermint sticks (or peppermint candy canes).
That's it! Serve and enjoy. I really hope this peppermint pretzels recipe brightens your holidays and makes a fun and festive addition to your holiday cookie tray. Or saves the day in a holiday party pinch!
Expert Recipe Tips
- I bought the mini candy canes from the grocery store and put them in a plastic bag and crushed them together. But you could get any size candy canes really! Just as long as they're peppermint!
- If you're really in a rush, throw them in your freezer when they're done to set. They take about 5 more minutes to set in there so you really do have an easy dessert in under 10!
Another good thing about this recipe? There are different ways to make it depending on what you have on hand or how you enjoy them.
- Not a fan of milk chocolate? Make white chocolate peppermint pretzels instead using white chocolate chips or use rich dark chocolate.
- Use pretzel rods. holiday-shaped pretzels, or mini pretzels instead of pretzel squares.
- Completely melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 second increments and dip the pretzels in the chocolate before adding the peppermint pieces.
Freezing and Storing Tips
To Store: Keep leftover peppermint pretzel bites in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
To Freeze: These crunchy pretzel crisps may be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months. Enjoy straight from the freezer or allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
If you make these homemade peppermint pretzels, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More Holiday Season Desserts
- Peppermint bark cookies get their peppermint taste from a little bit of peppermint extract and a peppermint stick candy coating.
- Homemade Ritz thin mints are an easy sweet treat with simple ingredients.
- Paleo chocolate peppermint cookies are the perfect dessert this time of year.
- Chocolate-covered raspberries are made with real dark chocolate and white chocolate easily melted in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals.
- 70 square pretzels
- 6 large Hershey's bars
- ½ cup 5-7 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper or a silpat mat. Line pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer then top each pretzel with one square of the Hershey's bar. Bake in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, just until chocolate is shiny and soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. You may need to push the candy canes down gently into the melted chocolate to make sure they stay. Place in refrigerator or freezer to set for about 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.