Simple ingredients make up this zippy and healthy fresh herb vinaigrette. Customize it to what herbs you like or have on hand and top your favorite salads, chicken, pasta salads or potatoes.
What is the healthiest dressing for salad?
Healthy is a relative term, but to me a vinaigrette like this one tends to be the healthiest for salads. Even better if it's homemade! You know exactly what goes into it and the ingredients are fresh and real.
How do you make salad dressing from scratch?
Start by adding all of the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid. Close the lid and shake the jar really well until all of the ingredients are mixed together and the oil and vinegar aren't separated.
If you don't have a lid with a jar you can use a bowl with a whisk as well! It's so simple to make homemade salad dressing at home. It's pretty much all we do now!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
Recipes to make with this dressing:
- BBQ chicken salad
- Roasted sweet potato and kale salad
- Italian pasta salad
- Crispy chicken salad [paleo]
- Shaved brussel sprout salad
- Kale and goat cheese salad
Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup good quality light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a glass jar with a lid. Close the lid and shake well for 10-15 seconds until it’s completely combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Leave a Reply