Looking for something to step up your halloween candy game?
P.S. it only takes minutes to make!
We’d get back to our house and separate our candy to see how much of everything we got. Anyone else do that? That was the most fun part to me. Spending time with my sisters (including Chelsea) and trading our favorites to make sure we all had every type of candy we loved.
My favorite was always Reese’s, so naturally I had to put that on my Halloween Bark. But you can put anything on it. Whatever that candy you were trading your siblings for, top this bark with it. You can truly make it your own and don’t be afraid to get crazy!
No matter what you choose, the base is simple: semisweet chocolate. Just add your fav candy. But the highlight of the spooky snack is the edible googly eyes staring up at you. I got them on amazon, but you might be able to find them at your local grocery store or even make your own. They are a must for this recipe. They just make it so fun and creepy at the same time.
This recipe was inspired by Just A Taste’s Halloween Candy Bark.
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups assorted candy
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. If you melt in the microwave, heat for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted to avoid burning.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle the candy on the chocolate and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Once cooled, transfer to cutting board and cut in random pieces. Serve right away or keep in an air tight container.