This sweet potato hash is the best healthy breakfast recipe! You can make it in less than 20 minutes and it's filled with healthy vegetables, protein and healthy carbs. It's great for meal prep and delicious warmed up for the week!
There's nothing I love more than a great breakfast recipe. If I could eat breakfast foods all day I would. Things like banana oatmeal pancakes and almond flour muffins make me so happy. And this sweet potato hash is no different.
I make this recipe at least 3 times a week for my husband and I! If you follow me on Instagram you know I love making this. It's filling and super healthy!
Are sweet potatoes healthy for you?
Sweet potatoes are very healthy for you. They're a great source of potassium, fiber and their anti-oxidant rich. Not to mention they've been linked to lower blood pressure and help prevent cancer!
Can I eat sweet potatoes every day?
Eating a sweet potato every day is great for you. They're full of vitamins and nutrients and they're really filling! Nothing wrong with eating this sweet potato hash every day!
Is sweet potato hash healthy?
Sweet potato hash is a really healthy breakfast! It's made with sweet potatoes, onion, bell peppers, kale, sausage and spices. How could it not be healthy with real, whole ingredients?! In one sitting you'll get healthy carbs, protein and veggies. Add some avocado on top for some healthy fat and you're golden.
Can you freeze sweet potato hash?
Yes, you could freeze sweet potato hash if you'd like once it's cooked. Just keep it in an air tight container in the freezer for up to one month. However, I think this sweet potato hash recipe is better if it's eaten fresh. You can keep it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Perfect for meal prep!
How to make sweet potato hash:
It only takes 10 minutes to make this sweet potato hash! Start by cooking the sweet potatoes in medium pan over medium heat with some coconut oil. You'll want to start cooking them first because they take longer to cook. Stir occasionally then add the onions and peppers and continue to stir. Add the seasoning and continue to cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
Add the sausage and kale and stir well until the sausage is browned and heated through and the kale has started to wilt. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with #whatmollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More breakfast recipes
- Steak and potato breakfast hash
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal breakfast cookies
- Peanut butter overnight oats
- Sweet potato toast 4 ways
Sweet potato hash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small ones, diced small
- ½ small-medium onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 pre cooked sausages I use Aidelle
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Chopped parsley to top optional
- Melt coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes until they begin to soften. Stir occasionally then add the onions and peppers and continue to stir. Add the seasoning and continue to cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and kale and stir well until the sausage is browned and heated through and the kale has started to wilt. Serve in bowls and enjoy!