Sheet pan pork chops are a simple and healthy dish all made on one pan. The pork chops are seasoned with a bold dry rub and paired with tender roasted sweet potatoes and apples.
We recently asked what you guys are craving for dinners and an overwhelming amount of people responded with sheet pan meals. And we totally get it.
Recipes like one pan tahini ginger salmon and everything bagel chicken makes dinners, easy, healthy, and easy to clean. What's better than a one-pan meal on busy weeknights? It's an entire meal on one pan and the whole family will love it.
This sheet pan pork chop dinner bakes in under 30 minutes and you get an extra vegetable on your plate!
What we love about this recipe
- One pan to clean. There is nothing better than making complete meal with easy clean up (sheet pan dinners for the win).
- This pork chop sheet pan dinner is full of flavor, just like this pork steak recipe. In cooking, color equals flavor. And we have a lot of deep, bold colors and flavors happening.
- It's really healthy and naturally gluten and dairy free. Take the guess work out of a simple, anti-inflammatory meal for the whole family.
- Make it for dinner tonight. It's minimal prep and great for a last-minute flavorful dinner.
- This recipe is especially delicious in the fall, right when kids are heading back to school. The sweet potatoes and savory fall herbs just work and the apples are an unexpected way to add sweetness.
- Spice rub: coconut sugar (or brown sugar), paprika, chili powder, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. You could also mix it with a little maple syrup.
- Pork chops: Try and find chops that are at least 1 inch thick. If they're too thin they will overcook and dry out. I prefer boneless pork chops because they're thicker, but bone-in pork chops are ok too.
- Apples: Honeycrisp apples are great for this recipe. Or any apples that's on the sweeter side.
- Sweet potatoes: these are the perfect match for the pork and apples. Baby red potatoes or petite gold potatoes would be great too.
How to make sheet pan pork chops
- Roast the sweet potatoes: Spread the sweet potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle a few tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Season pork chops: Combine the spice rub in a small bowl then rub the spice mixture into both sides of the pork chops.
- Roast the pork and apples: Push the sweet potatoes to one side then place pork chops on the other side. Add the apples to the sweet potatoes and toss. Roast everything for 12-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. I recommend using a meat thermometer to verify when the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. The cooking time will vary based on how thick your pork chops are. Garnish them with fresh parsley if desired!
Recipe swaps and variations
- Sweet potatoes: use chopped yukon potatoes, petite gold potatoes or red potatoes
- More veggies: feel free to add your favorite vegetable to this dish like brussels sprouts, red onions, green beans, baby carrots, broccoli or diced butternut squash.
Store any leftover in an air tight container for up to 5 days. Reheat everything in the oven at 350°F or in the microwave until warmed all the way through.
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More sheet pan recipes
- One pan sausage, butternut squash and apples
- Easy sheet pan sausage and veggies
- One pan everything bagel chicken and veggies
Sheet Pan Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary)
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Sheet Pan Pork Chops
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 4 pork chops at least 1 inch thick
- 1 large apple (or 2 small apples) diced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While they're roasting, prepare the pork chops. Combine the spice rub in a small dish. Rub the spices into both sides of the pork chops.
- When the potatoes are done, push them to one side then place the pork chops on the other side. Add the apples to the sweet potatoes and toss. Roast again for 12-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the pork reaches an internal temperature of just before 145°F to account for carryover cooking. Cook time will vary based on the size of the pork chops.