Sweet, crunchy, nutty granola exploding with fall flavors!
Chelsea is granola obsessed. She just can’t get enough of it! So I can’t wait for her to give this recipe a taste. She recently shared one of her favorite store-bought Pumpkin and Fig granolas in our Friday Finds post. It’s on the healthier side so she absolutely loves it. But I have a good feeling this recipe is going to blow her away.
I mean, who doesn’t love a giant handful of crunchy carbs? This recipe is filled with so much flavor. It’s a combination of all of the flavors I love from fall and the most AMAZING cinnamon coated pecans that I’m obsessed with right now from Kroger. My cousin made homemade pumpkin pie chex mix and added them and when I had one taste I knew I needed to make something with them.
You can also make your own cinnamon pecans, which I’m dying to do. But if you don’t have the time, Kroger’s will do just fine. Those mashed up with the pumpkin spices and oats makes for the perfect bite. Seriously, this stuff is the best.
Have you ever checked out the ingredients in store bought granola? Don’t do it. It’s actually kinda scary. 14 grams of sugar in one serving? That’s nearly as many as a McDonald’s ice cream cone. Don’t get me wrong, I love ice cream. I just don’t love all that sugar in the morning when I think I’m eating a healthy breakfast. Half the time I can’t even pronounce some of the ingredients!
It’s just as easy to make your own and you know exactly what’s going in it! There’s a good chance you have pumpkin and oats in your pantry right now. There are only seven ingredients in this tasty concoction.
The wet ingredients in this, like the pumpkin puree and the maple syrup are what make this recipe so crunchy and sweet. The best part about this is you can choose whether you want to leave it in large clusters or not. When baking, half way through mix it up to your desired consistency. I like mine a little chunkier so I don’t mix mine much.
I nearly ate the entire batch in one day! The only thing stopping me was getting the chance to eat it the next day. You know when you get excited to go to sleep just so you can wake up and eat? Yep, that’s what I had in mind when I saved these. It was 11 a.m. and I already wanted to go to sleep that night so I could wake up an eat it again.
If you make this granola, give us a shout out and let us know how it turned out! Tweet us @bestsandbites or tag your Instagram pic with #BestsAndBites so we can see all the deliciousness! You can also pin these for later and share the love on Facebook! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice GranolaPRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the oats, pecans, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and set aside. In a medium sauce pan or in the microwave, warm the maple syrup, coconut oil and pumpkin puree and whisk together. Pour over the oats mixture and toss to coat. Make sure all of the oats are coated and wet.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan every 15 minutes to evenly cook the whole pan.
- Let the granola cool completely. It will crisp as it cools.
- Store in an air tight container for a couple of weeks. Enjoy with milk, yogurt or as a crunchy snack on the go!