This healthy pumpkin spice granola is sweet, crunchy, and nutty, exploding with fall flavors! It's a gluten free and vegan granola recipe with lots of fall spices. It's great to top smoothies, eat as a snack or enjoy with milk.
This recipe is so easy and quick and so much better for you than store bought. Once you make it once you will wonder why you ever got it from the store in the first place.
Is homemade granola bad for you?
Homemade granola is much healthier for you than store bought. You get to choose the ingredients and manage the sugar levels, when most store bought granolas are full of added sugar. This pumpkin granola recipe is gluten free, refined sugar free and a great, fiber-filled snack.
Have you ever checked out the ingredients in store bought granola? Don't do it. It's actually kinda scary. 14 grams of sugar in one serving? That's nearly as many as a McDonald's ice cream cone.
How long does homemade pumpkin granola last?
Granola can be stored in an air-tight container for up to six months at room temperature. If you want it to last even longer, place the air-tight container in your freezer to keep it for up to a year.
Can I freeze homemade granola?
Granola is a great recipe that holds up really well in the freezer. Make sure it's in an air-tight container or zip lock bag and store it for up to one year.
How to make pumpkin granola:
It's just as easy to make your own and you know exactly what's going in it! There's a good chance you have pumpkin and oats in your pantry right now. There are only seven ingredients in this tasty concoction.
The wet ingredients in this are what make this recipe so crunchy and sweet. The best part about this is you can choose whether you want to leave it in large clusters or not. When baking, half way through, mix it up to your desired consistency.
If you love this recipe, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy granola recipes:
- Simple paleo granola
- Pumpkin grain free granola
- Pumpkin peanut butter protein granola
- Cherry almond granola
- Vanilla almond granola
Note: this recipe was retested and updated with new ingredients, pictures and nutrition facts in Sept 2019.
- 4 cups certified gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats (I like Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ cups pecans chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats, pecans, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup and pumpkin pure over the dry ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula until the granola is completely coated.
- Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool completely before breaking it up.
I want to try your pumpkin granola, however, I am alergic to coconut. What can I use instead of the coconut oil?