This is the best healthy cookie dough you’ll ever eat. Half the recipe to make it for one or save some for later. This recipe can be made into cookie dough bites, eaten with a spoon or used as a dip for apples or pretzels. If you’re looking for a dessert that fits in your lifestyle this is it. It’s paleo, gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
When my traditional edible cookie dough recipe went bananas on the internet, I figured it was about time I share a healthy version with ya’ll! One that fits into a healthy lifestyle and you can eat without thinking twice about what you’re putting in your body.
I love this recipe because you can easily make it for one or make it for a crowd as a dip. Or even better, turn it into bites and freeze them to have them whenever you want a treat at the end of the night.
Here are the few ingredients you need to make this recipe at home! If you bake healthy recipes often, you likely have all of these ingredients in your pantry right now!
- Almond flour and arrowroot flour (or tapioca flour)
- Cashew butter (or almond butter)
- Coconut oil
- Pure maple syrup
- Dairy free chocolate chips
- Sea salt (optional, but not really:))
How to make healthy cookie dough to eat:
- You’ll start by mixing your dry ingredients together just like you’re making traditional chocolate chip cookies.
- Next, you’ll add the wet ingredients including the nut butter, coconut oil, syrup and vanilla and give it all a good mix.
- Finish by add the chocolate chips and sprinkling some sea salt. Done in just a few minutes!
If you want, you can leave it as is and serve with apples and pretzels for a party or you can roll them into 1 inch balls. Freeze them to grab one bite at a time!
Is it healthy to eat cookie dough?
As long as your recipe doesn’t include raw eggs and flour it’s totally safe to eat! Luckily, this recipe is made with almond flour, arrowroot flour and no eggs. In fact, it’s vegan! So it’s 100% safe to eat this healthy cookie dough recipe.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don’t forge to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy desserts:
Healthy cookie dough
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cashew butter or almond butter melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips optional I used enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrow root flour or tapioca flour and sea salt. Add the melted nut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir together with a rubber spatula until completely incorporated. Add the mini chocolate chips and stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to cool. Top with additional sea salt if desired.