These freezer friendly gluten free waffles are made from oats, bananas dairy free milk and come together in minutes in the blender. Freeze them then toast them in the morning for a quick and healthy breakfast.
My banana oatmeal pancakes recipe is one of the most popular on my blog. Each weekend hundreds of people make them and have even made them a family tradition.
I love a good pancake, but I also love waffles so I wanted to modify that recipe into waffles in case there's any other waffle lovers out there. Those holes just catch all that butter and syrup!
Ingredients for gluten free waffles:
- Gluten free rolled oats
- Dairy free milk
- Honey/maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Baking powder
- Vanilla, cinnamon and salt
Are waffles gluten free?
Traditionally waffles aren't gluten free, but this recipe is! We're using gluten free rolled oats and blending them into an oat flour as the base. Not only is this recipe gluten free, but it's also dairy free!
oatmeal waffles, oatmeal waffle recipe, banana oatmeal waffles, healthy waffle recipe oatmeal, healthy oatmeal waffles
How to make gluten free waffles from scratch:
Start by placing your gluten free oats in the blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds to create an oat flour. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until combined.
Heat the waffle iron and when it says 'ready,' fill the waffle iron to the edges with batter. Close the lid and cook until the waffle iron light turns green or says ready, usually 5-7 mintutes.
Repeat the process until all of the batter is gone.
How to freeze these waffles for later:
- Cook all of the waffles completely then allow to cool.
- Store individually in baggies or a air tight storage container.
- When you're ready to eat, remove from the freezer and place directly in the toaster.
What to serve with gluten free waffles:
- Pure maple syrup
- Butter or ghee
- Almond butter
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy banana oatmeal recipes:
- Banana baked oatmeal
- Banana oatmeal pancakes
- 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies
- Chocolate chip banana baked oatmeal
- Healthy banana muffins
Gluten Free Oatmeal Waffles
- 3 cups rolled oats gluten free oats if desired
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond cashew or coconut milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- coconut oil spray
- Add oats to the blender for 30 seconds to crush and create a flour texture.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend on high until completely mixed together and oats have broken down, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the waffle iron on and allow to heat. When the light turns green, spray with cooking spray and fill the waffle iron with batter to cover the bottom. Close the lid and cook until the waffle iron lights up ready. This could be different depending on your waffle iron.
- Remove from the waffle iron and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with grass fed butter, extra bananas, maple syrup or almond butter
- To freeze: allow to cool completely then place in an air tight bag or container. Toast from frozen.