Antipasto salad is full of pepperoni, salami, mozzarella, peppers, olives and tossed in a creamy Italian dressing. This filling and keto-approved salad is easy and delicious!
What is antipasto salad?
Antipasto is the traditional first course of and Italian meal. It usually includes a mix of assorted meats and cheeses with marinated veggies like peppers and olives. An antipasto salad includes traditional antipasto ingredients over greens tossed with an Italian salad.
Antipaso salad ingredients:
- Romaine lettuce
- Mozzarella (omit for DF option)
- Red onion
If there's an ingredient in this salad you don't like or can't find, here's a great list of swaps that go well with this recipe:
- Artichoke hearts
- Roasted red peppers
- Feta cheese or cubed provolone
- Pre-made Italian dressing (if you're short on time)
How to make antipasto salad:
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well. Store in the fridge until you're ready to use to let the ingredients marinade together.
Make the salad by chopping all of the ingredients and adding them to a large bowl. When you're ready to serve, toss with dressing and finish with fresh herbs.
How to make an antipasto salad platter: Instead of adding all of the ingredients to a large bowl, place each ingredient in a separate dish to display and allow guests to build their own.
What kind of dressing goes with antipasto salad?
A homemade Italian dressing that's fresh and zippy is the perfect compliment. Here are the simple ingredients:
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Paleo mayo (I like Primal Kitchen)
What to serve with antipasto salad: simple dishes like pasta, grilled cheese, grilled chicken, burgers and more.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More Italian recipes:
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Fresh basil vegan pesto
- Pesto roasted potatoes
- Lemon garlic pasta
- Easy Italian pasta salad
- Healthy zuppa toscana [whole30]
For the salad:
- 10-11 cups about one large head romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 4 ounces salami chopped
- 4 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed (or mini balls)
- ¼ cup chopped Pepperoncini more if you want it more spicy
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup light tasting olive oil
- 2 tablespoon paleo mayonnaise I like Primal Kitchen brand
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a mason jar with a lid and shake well. Store in the refrigerator if you have time before serving. Shake well before serving.
- Chop the romaine lettuce and place in a large bowl. Top the lettuce with the rest of the ingredients. Shake the dressing well and pour over the salad. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Heather Dickson says
Molly. This comment is really for your Honey Mustard Instant Pot Chicken. There was no way to leave a comment there.
I think I've made one comment ever for any recipe I've ever tried. This one though is such a keeper I had to tell you how much we loved it! Yum!
I did double the recipe and glad we did because though we had leftover sauce it was loved over rice the next day.
I got a burn notice just as it came to pressure so just left things "cooking" and watched the clock and then canceled the cooking and let it naturally release. All was well. It was amazing. Next time I might just mix the sauce up separately (not in the pot) and pour over the chicken to try and avoid the "burn" warning.
Molly Thompson says
So glad you liked it, Heather! I just updated my settings so you should be able to comment on the right recipe now! Thanks for sharing:) I'll take a look at that burn notice thing! Let me know if mixing the sauce separately worked for you.