This super simple one pot chicken and asparagus pasta is and easy and nutritious meal. Everything is cooked right in one pot for simple clean up and dinner done in under 30 minutes.
Easy, healthy and delicious are the three things I look for in every dinner recipe. This chicken asparagus pasta checks all the boxes. It's even gluten free with a dairy free option.
The Al Fresco chicken sausage is fully cooked so all you have to do is crisp the outsides and cooks the pasta/asparagus!
- Al Fresco Fully Cooked Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- Chicken broth
- Penne pasta (I use a gluten free chickpea pasta)
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
How to make chicken asparagus pasta:
Start by crisping the fully cooked Al Fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage in a deep saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
Add the broth then the penne then cover and turn the heat up to high. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Open the lid to stir a few times so the bottom doesn't burn.
Add the asparagus and cook for another 3-4 minutes then add the nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese), lemon juice, lemon zest and stir well.
If you love this recipe, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
This recipe is sponsored by Al Fresco. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to brands like them who believe in me and my recipes so I can keep sharing free recipes with you! #alfrescoambassador #ad
More one pot pastas:
- One Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta [Dairy Free]
- One pot taco pasta
- One pot creamy cajun chicken pasta [dairy free]
- One pot mexican beef and rice
One Pot Lemon Chicken Asparagus Pasta
- 2 tablespoons ghee, coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package chicken sausage sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or bone broth
- 10 ounces gluten free penne
- 1 lb asparagus tough ends trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley for topping
- Heat ghee in a deep saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the fully cooked Al Fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage and salt and pepper and stir occasionally, getting it crispy on both sides. Next add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add the broth and stir well to get any bits off the bottom of the pan then add the penne pasta. Cover and turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Open the lid and stir occasionally to avoid the bottom of the pan burning.
- Once the pasta is done, open the lid, stir the pasta then add the asparagus without stirring and place the lid back on. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes until the asparagus and pasta are tender.
- Remove the lid and add the nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese), lemon juice, lemon zest and stir well. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.