It only takes 5 minutes in the food processor for the best vegan caesar dressing. It's made with tahini, olive oil, and a vegan parmesan cheese option. The simple and easy to find ingredients transform into a creamy dressing for salads and more.
Is Caesar dressing vegan?
Traditional caesar dressing isn't vegan because it contains parmesan cheese, mayo (which has eggs) and sardines. But great news, this particular recipe is vegan because it's made from tahini, olive oil and nutritional yeast. It's a great option for vegan and plant-based diets.
Is caesar dressing a dairy product?
Caesar dressing is not a dairy product but the original recipe contains parmesan cheese but this recipe calls for the dairy free alternative, nutritional yeast!
What is vegan caesar dressing made from?
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- dijon mustard
- coconut aminos
- salt and pepper
- nutritional yeast
- pure maple syrup
- fresh chopped parsley
What salad dressings are vegan?
A salad dressing qualifies as vegan if it does not contain any animal products including cheeses, yogurt, honey and more. This vegan caesar and this easy fresh herb vinaigrette are great options. Just swap out the honey for maple syrup!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy and dairy free salad dressing:
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup light tasting olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth and creamy. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.