It only takes 5 minutes to make best vegan caesar dressing. It's made with tahini, olive oil, and a vegan parmesan cheese option. The simple and easy to find ingredients transform into a creamy dressing for salads and more.
3 Reasons to Love This Dressing
- Easy: add everything to the blender or food processor and it's done in 5 minutes.
- No fancy ingredients: all of the ingredients we're using are simple and pantry friendly.
- This vegan caesar salad dressing is a great dressing for healthy salads, but also makes a delicious sauce for other recipes, like our caesar pasta salad.
Why Is Caesar Dressing Not Vegan?
Traditional caesar dressing isn't vegan because it contains parmesan cheese, mayo (which has eggs) and anchovies. But great news, this Vegan Caesar Dressing is 100% vegan because it's made from tahini, olive oil and nutritional yeast. It's a great option for vegan and plant-based diets.
What Is Vegan Caesar Dressing Made Of?
You only need a few simple, pantry staples to make a clean and vegan caesar dressing at home. We use all of these ingredients in our everyday meals, so we have all of these on hand. Stock up so you can make veg caesar dressing whenever the craving strikes.
- Olive oil: a mild, light olive oil is best. EVOO has a strong flavor that can overpower the taste of the dressing.
- Lemon juice: this introduces acid into the dressing and balances it out with a bright, vibrant zing.
- Dijon mustard: this is a classic ingredient in so many salad dressings.
- Tahini: tahini is similar in texture to natural peanut butter, but it's made from ground sesame seeds.
- Coconut aminos: I love to use this in sauces and dips in place of soy sauce to add depth and salt.
- Garlic, salt and pepper: all the best caesars have these three simple staples.
- Nutritional yeast: this is a deactivated yeast that is often used as a dairy free and vegan replacement for parmesan cheese.
- Pure maple syrup: this balances the bitter and acid in the salad dressing with some sweetness.
How to Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Blend it: add all of the ingredients right into the blender or the bowl of a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust: use a spoon to taste the vegan caesar dressing and add more ingredients as needed. Add a tablespoon of water to thin it out if needed.
Ways to Serve Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- In a pasta salad like our favorite caesar pasta salad.
- Drizzle it over potatoes like in our pesto roasted potatoes recipe.
- Use it as a marinade for baked or grilled chicken.
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. I'd love to hear from you! You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More Salad Dressings
- Whole30 ranch dressing
- Creamy cilantro lime jalapeno dressing
- Fresh herb vinaigrette
- Healthy honey mustard
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- ⅓ cup light tasting olive oil or avocado oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth and creamy. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.