This tropical kale smoothie smoothie is full of fruits like mango and pineapple and packed with lots of healthy kale. It's great for weight loss, a pre-workout meal or a breakfast in the morning.
If there's one thing I eat almost every day, it's a smoothie. They're so versatile and so quick to make. And clean up!
Kale smoothie health benefits
Smoothies are a great way to pack so many fruits and veggies into your diet, without having to eat 4 big salads a day. This recipes specifically was designed for extra servings of fruit and veggies.
The kale in this smoothie is full of vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C and helps reduce the risk of heart disease. Kale is among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet! And let's not forget all the nutrients from the fruits and the protein and fiber from the milk.
What fruit is good with kale?
My favorite things to put in a kale smoothie are fruits that help balance the kale flavor. Because of that, I love adding pineapple and mango. It kind of masks the kale flavor and brightens up the flavor.
Is spinach or kale better for smoothies?
Both kale and spinach are full of nutrients so you can't really go wrong! Kale has almost twice as much vitamin C as spinach, white spinach provides more folate and Vitamin A. Both are great for heart health too!
I like kale better in this spinach because it pairs really well with the tropical fruit like mango and pineapple.
Is it ok to put raw kale in a smoothie?
It's absolutely okay to put raw kale into a smoothie! In fact, it's great for you. Just make sure you wash your kale thoroughly and dap it dry.
Can you use kale stems in smoothies?
I don't recommend putting the kale stems in smoothies. Once you wash and dry your kale, just quickly pull the leaves off the stem and discard the stems. You can roughly chop the kale leaves or just stick them right in the blender.
How to meal prep this tropical kale smoothie:
Meal prep this tropical kale smoothie for the entire week in just a few minutes! Grab 5 plastic bags or stashr bags and fill each one with the banana, mango, pineapple and kale and seal them closed.
Pour the prepared ingredients into the blender and add milk and and blend!
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More smoothie recipes:
- Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- Hormone healing green smoothie
- Green smoothie bowl
- Pitaya power smoothie bowl
- Tropical coconut smoothie bowl
- Green juice in the blender
Tropical Kale Smoothie
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 2 cups fresh kale washed, stemmed and chopped
- ½ cup dairy free milk more or less depending on how thick you like it
- 1 tablespoon nut butter optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until all ingredients are incorporated and mixture is smooth. Add more milk at this point if you want a thinner smoothie.
- If you don’t have a high powered blender, start by blending the milk and kale first to get it started then add the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy right away!