This healthy strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing is always a crowd pleaser! It's made with feta, candied pecans, red onion and a healthy dressing that takes 5 minutes to make. You'll love how easy and healthy it is! Serve it as a side or add some chicken for a healthy lunch.
Last month I made this shaved brussel sprout salad and everyone loved it so much I thought it was time to make another salad recipe. This time with fresh fruit!
I'm a sucker for fresh strawberries in the spring and summer and this recipe is such a great and healthy one to take to a cook out or make for lunches.
If you've got a a few fresh ingredients you make make this recipe in no time. Including the healthy poppyseed dressing to go on top!
What goes in strawberry spinach salad?
Aside from the obvious strawberries and spinach that make up this strawberry spinach salad, we're also adding a few other fun ingredients! I like to buy all of my produce organic if I can.
- Fresh strawberries
- Red onion
- Candied pecans
- Feta cheese
The combination of these ingredients makes this the best spinach salad! There's sweetness, crunch, savory and it's all healthy! You don't have to make candied pecans but I love them in this and I've got a great healthy candied pecan recipe.
Is strawberry spinach salad good for you?
This salad is definitely good for you! All of the ingredients are packed with nutrients that will make you feel your best. If you're following a paleo or anti-inflammatory diet, you can leave out the feta and I promise it will be just as good!
Add some chicken for protein and you've got yourself an extra healthy meal.
How to make strawberry spinach salad:
The first step to making strawberry spinach salad is prepping all of your ingredients. Give all the produce a good wash and dry then slice them according to the directions.
If you're making candied pecans, now is a good time to get those in the oven! If you use this recipe you'll have some leftover that you can munch on during the week.
Once everything is ready all you have to do is assemble! Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl then grab a small jar to make the homemade poppyseed dressing.
Best dressing for strawberry spinach salad:
I'm a sucker for poppyseed dressing! I think it goes perfectly with salads made with fruit or berries, like this one!
Typically poppyseed dressing is full of sugar, but I came up with a healthy version you can pair with this salad. It's made with honey and paleo mayo so it fits into a paleo diet!
First, add all of your ingredients to a small jar and shake it really well until it all comes together. If you don't have a small jar with a lid you can use a bowl with a whisk too!
If you love this recipe, don't forget to tag me on Instagram with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More healthy salad recipes:
- The best shaved brussel sprout salad
- Autumn pear salad with candied pecans
- Fall salad with chicken, apples and butternut squash
- Summer corn salad
- Kale salad with goat cheese
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="OaWhhkUi" upload-date="2019-05-07T18:04:12.000Z" name="Strawberry Spinach Salad" description="This healthy strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing is always a crowd pleaser! It's made with feta, candied pecans, red onion and a healthy dressing that takes 5 minutes to make. You'll love how easy and healthy it is! Serve it as a side or add some chicken for a healthy lunch."]
Strawberry spinach salad
Candied Pecans (Optional)
- 3 cups pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 8-10 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups ripe strawberries sliced
- ½ small red onion
- ½ cup candied pecans
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise optional for a creamier dressing
- If you're making the candied pecans, preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the large egg white to a bowl and beat or whisk thoroughly for 1-2 minutes, until frothy. Add the ground cinnamon, vanilla, salt and maple syrup to the egg white and gently stir. Add the pecans and fold them in until pecans are fully coated.
- Pour pecans onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread into an even layer and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through for even baking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, or until pecans harden.
- While the pecans are cooling, prep the salad. Add the spinach to a large bowl then top with the strawberries, red onion, candied pecans and crumbled feta cheese. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a medium glass jar with a lid. Close the lid and shake the dressing until it all combines. Pour over the prepared dressing and serve immediately.