These easy peppermint brownies are a huge hit for the holidays! They're gluten free and paleo so they're a great healthy alternative for Christmas treats.
Chocolate and peppermint just go together during the holidays. I'll take a big peppermint brownies with my oat milk please and thanks. The best part? They're easy to make! If you make healthy baked goods often, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry now.
Ingredients for healthy peppermint brownies:
- Creamy almond butter
- Coconut sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Dark chocolate baking bar chopped
- Coconut cream
How to make peppermint brownies:
Combine the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, egg yolk and peppermint extract until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda add chocolate chips.
Pour into a parchment-lined square pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely and make the fudge frosting. Melt the chocolate chips and maple syrup in the microwave then stir in the coconut cream, peppermint extract a vanilla.
Pour the fudge on top of the cooled brownies and allow it to set in the fridge. Top with crush peppermint!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More peppermint recipes:
- Peppermint pretzel bites
- Peppermint mocha protein bites
- Peppermint mocha protein shake
- Homemade thin mints
Frosted peppermint brownies [Paleo | Gluten Free]
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ dark chocolate baking bar chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- peppermint candies or candy canes crushed for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°Line and grease a square baking pan (8x8 or 9x9 incwith parchment paper non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, egg yolk and peppermint extract until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda until there are no clumps. Fold in ⅓ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate into the batter. The batter will be thick.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean (some crumbs are okay). Be careful not to overbake!
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the frosting. Add the chocolate chips and maple syrup to a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir and microwave 15-30 more seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the coconut cream, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Pour the frosting over mostly cooled brownies and spread evenly to the edges. Top with crushed peppermint. Allow to cool in the refrigerator. Be sure to cool completely before cutting. Cut into squares and enjoy.