These peanut butter protein bars taste just like a peanut butter cookie! They’re made with oats, peanut butter, protein and they’re so easy. These no bake peanut butter protein bars take minutes to come together and last all week long.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to add extra protein into your diet, these peanut butter protein bars are your answer!
Instead of buying store-bought protein bars (that can be filled with added sugar!), these homemade peanut butter protein bars are a great choice. To make them, all you do is add all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
Let’s talk about the protein powder in these peanut butter protein bars:
Not all proteins are created equal. Make sure you’re using a protein that’s clean. And by clean, I mean there aren’t a bunch of fillers, fake sugars or added sugars in them. Stick to the most stripped down protein brands you can that don’t have any fillers.
My go-to protein brands are: Promix and Naked Nutrition.
You can also use a powdered peanut butter in this recipe! I tested this recipe with Crazy Richard’s powdered peanut butter instead of whey protein and it worked really well too.
The next key to this recipe is a solid food processor. Seriously, do yourself the biggest favor (especially if you love to eat healthy!) and invest in a good food processor. When you make things like creamy penne arrabbiata pasta, energy snack bites and more you will thank yourself.
So, two things: good protein and a good blender/food processor.
So now that you have what you need to make this peanut butter protein bar recipe, let’s talk about why you should make them.
Why Make These Peanut Butter Protein Bars?
- They’re gluten free. Just make sure you use GF Oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- They’re filled with healthy protein
- They make a great daytime snack or pre/post workout bite
- They taste like a peanut butter cookie
You can leave the chocolate chips in or out, it’s up to you! I really like them in. I use Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chunks or chocolate chips to the recipe.
If you love this recipe don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with #WhatMollyMade and @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 2 cups Gluten Free rolled oats I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter protein powder or powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks optional
- Line a 9x5 inch bread pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Add one tablespoon of dairy free milk to start and add more at the end if needed. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until dates are completely broken down and mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Mix in dark chocolate chips if desired.
- Spread mixture into prepared bread pan and press down firmly to pack it down. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Cut unto long bars.
- Wrap individually and store in the refrigerator for 1 week or up to 3 months in the freezer.