These creamy cauliflower mashed potatoes are a keto alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. This easy recipe is full of garlic, herbs and they're the best paleo mashed cauliflower you'll find! Look no further for a healthy, ketogenic Thanksgiving side!
Ingredients for cauliflower mashed potatoes:
- Coconut cream
- Grass-fed butter or ghee
- Fresh thyme and rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Dairy free milk
How to make cauliflower massed potatoes:
Start by boiling 2 heads of cauliflower for about 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender. Next, add the coconut cream, butter/ghee, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme to the cauliflower.
Finally, use an immersion blender or food processor to blend everything together for a smooth consistency. You can also use a handheld potato masher if you like a chunkier texture. Add more salt and pepper to taste!
What does cauliflower taste like?
So you may be wondering if cauliflower mashed potatoes actually taste like the real potatoes. In my opinion, this is as close as it gets! Cauliflower has a really mild flavor. You can barely taste it! When you add the garlic and herbs it makes this recipe almost impossible to tell the difference.
Is mashed cauliflower good for you?
Mashed cauliflower is really good for you! It's a low carb option and it also happens to be paleo and whole30. You're packing in a lot of veggies in one serving, so it covers all health bases.
How long does mashed cauliflower last?
Mashed cauliflower will last 3-5 days in the fridge if covered and sealed in an air tight container. It makes this a great Thanksgiving recipe to make in advance!
Can I freeze mashed potatoes?
Cover and store them in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months!
If you love this recipe, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy Thanksgiving sides:
- Healthy sweet potato casserole
- Gluten free cornbread stuffing
- Gluten free and vegan green bean casserole [keto]
- Autumn pear salad
- Best dairy free mashed potatoes
Cauliflower mashed potatoes
- 2.5 pounds 2 headcauliflower (or steamable bags)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk as needed
- Separate cauliflower into florets and cut in smaller chunks.
- Place cauliflower in a medium pot and add enough cold water to cover them. Place a lid on top and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Drain.
- Or, microwave steamable bags if you’re using those instead.
- Once drained, add the coconut cream, grass-fed butter, garlic, salt, ground black pepper, thyme and rosemary. Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend everything together until very smooth or desired consistency. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Serve hot with more butter and gravy if desired.