This banana bread recipe is made with lots and lots of swirls of Nutella. It's super moist and soft and practically melts in your mouth. The Nutella swirls look gorgeous but they taste even better!
Banana bread is one of those recipes that brings me back to my childhood. I would always order banana bread with fruit for lunch in the summers at our pool. Whenever I have a piece or make a loaf it takes me right back to those moments!
I used to eat the plain old banana bread and sometimes warm it up with a dollop of butter. People! There are few things greater in life than warm banana bread smothered with butter in the morning with a cup of coffee.
Ingredients for nutella banana bread:
- Traditional dry ingredients including: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- Melted butter
- Sugar (granulated and brown)
- Nutella (of course!)
How do you know when banana bread is done?
The best way to check for doneness is by sticking a toothpick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, it's done! Start checking for doneness about 5-10 minutes before the timer goes off as everyone's oven is a little different.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
Wrap your baked bread in plastic wrap, tin foil or store in an air tight container to keep it fresh and moist. You can increase the shelf-life by storing the bread in the refrigeratory and it will stay fresh and moist for up to a week. Wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just thaw in the fridge overnight before eating!
How to make muffins from this quick bread recipe:
Quick breads like this nutella banana bread is super simple to turn into muffins! Here's how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Follow the directions below to make the batter
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full then swirl each muffin with nutella
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More banana bread recipes:
- The best paleo banana bread
- Healthy banana bread
- Healthy pumpkin banana bread
- Healthy chocolate chip banana bread
How to make nutella banana bread:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup butter melted
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup Nutella divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard sized loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, with a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat bananas, eggs, butter and sugar and extract. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Melt Nutella in microwave for approximately 20 seconds to soften slightly.
- Pour half the banana bread batter into the loaf pan. Using ½ cup Nutella, dollop spoonfuls on top of batter, swirl with a knife. Pour the rest of the banana bread batter on top and repeat swirl process with the rest of the Nutella.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool the rest on a backing rack.