These PB & J Protein Balls are going to be your new favorite bite-sized snack! They're made with all healthy ingredients and packed with protein for a filling snack on-the-go.
How is everyone's week going? I have to say, mine is going pretty good. Considering I'm in the middle of my Ireland adventure with Zach (my fiance) and a few of our dear friends.
We're having an absolute blast here and have had so much fun exploring a new country together. I shared the details of our trip on my dark chocolate cherry crisp recipe so check that out for details!
And if you want to follow along you can keep up with my Instagram stories too.
And of course I'll be doing a recap of all the amazing places we've visited and all of the delicious food we've been eating.
Speaking of food. I had every intention of bringing these PB & J protein balls with us overseas so we could have snacks as we were exploring and hiking. I made 19 of them around 5:30 and all of them were gone by the next morning.
It's safe to say they're delicious.
I also love them because they're an easy and convenient way to get some extra protein in my diet. I love protein filled snacks because they keep me full longer and I'm always trying to find new ways to add protein to my diet.
Plus I'm addicted to PB & J. It reminds me of being a kid and there's something so cool about that every time I pop these protein balls as a snack.
So where does the protein come from in these protein balls, you ask?
- The peanut butter! It's got a nice amount of protein and holds these protein balls together.
- Flaxseed has a small amount of protein as well and adds a nice texture to this recipe.
- Protein powder, of course. You can use your favorite kind of vanilla protein or powdered peanut butter. You can use a peanut butter protein powder for extra peanut taste or I used Vital Proteins Collagen Protein because it’s great for your skin and hair too. Double bonus.
These protein balls are so easy to make! They come together in minutes and (in a normal house) last a couple of days so you'll have snacks on the ready.
If you're like us you may need to make a double batch!
- 1 ⅓ cup rolled oats use GF oats for GF option
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 5-6 dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 scoops Naked Nutrition vanilla protein or powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried fruit craisins, strawberries, blueberries etc
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the rolled oats and blend on high for approximately one minute to get a oat flour texture.
- Add the creamy peanut butter, flax seed, dates, honey, protein powder and vanilla extract. Blend on high again until well combined and mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add dried fruit and mix well with a rubber spatula until completely incorporated. Using a heaping tablespoon, form the mixture into round balls. Chill for 10-15 minutes to set.
This recipe is sponsored by Naked Nutrition. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much to the brands that support the recipes I love to make!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE!? SNAP A PIC AND TAG @WHAT_MOLLYMADE AND USE #WHATMOLLYMADE!
Here are a couple of items I used to make today’s recipe:
Ninja Mega Kitchen System, Silicone Spatulas
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting What Molly Made!
Leave a Reply